Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wow.

Most amazing thing I have ever seen in my entire life to date:

Visualize a staircase-stone steps, about ten steps high, then a landing, then another ten steps to another landing. For the purposes of my story Staircase Level 1 is the staircase I am sitting on. I am on the bottom step leaning against the wall with the banister railings as my foot prop. My team captain, Claire, is sitting about four feet away on another set of stairs going up to a door. The banister my feet are against follows the stairs as all banisters do :) and is about ohhh I'd say three feet high. Ok, now here is where it gets tricky.

As I am talking to Claire, Lindsay Louie comes down Staircase Level 2 running parallel to the one I am sitting on (same staircase, just up and around the landing). Alright so there's Louie and I am looking up at her and she is trying to talk to Claire, who in effect is practically underneath her, yet further out towards my direction by about ten feet..calmly sitting across from me eating her food. Louie leans over the banister and everything is going fine when all of the sudden...

SHE FLIPS OVER THE BANISTER!!!!
AND LANDS ON MY STAIRCASE ON TWO SEPARATE STAIRS!!!!
AND IS OKAY!!!!

It was the most INCREDIBLE thing I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!! All in all it was about a five foot fall from the top of the banister to the stairs where she landed. She literally FLIPPED all the way over and landed on HER FEET!!!! It was absolutely the most amazing once-in-a-lifetime experience that I have ever witnessed!

In the meantime Claire sees my horror stricken face, sees Louie land, screams, and proceeds to make sure she's okay.

Louie, wide-eyed and terrified, knees bent, and hands out, in her boots (!), looks at me, sits down, and says, "I could have just died!"

I, having watched Louie flip over a banister, am staring wide eyed at her, thinking I was for sure going to see her knee or leg explode or be catching her in my lap and calling 9-1-1; now that I see she is okay (or at least not exploded or bleeding) and hear her talk, fall to the ground hysterically laughing for the next five minutes.

THE MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!

Lord, thank you for watching out for my pal Louie tonight!!!

And on that note, keep Claire in your prayers--she was hit in the head really hard in the NJIT game and has been diagnosed with a mild concussion. Pray that the headaches, dizziness, and exhaustion will stop and that she will be back to feeling normal soon.

I'm pretty sure Louie's Ninja fall/landing is going to carry me through this next month--just the high of seeing her land...alive and well and...with good form ! :) hahahaha. CRAZY!!!

Have a good night! And let's BEAT DARTMOUTH on Saturday!!!!!!!!!! BIG Game!!!!!

O&O,

M

1 comment:

chiarascuro said...

When does Lindsay begin shooting her next movie with Jackie Chan?
That'll be great!!!