...just a guess :).
Yesterday was my official last day of freedom. It was actually pretty relaxing. I went to church with two of my cousins on my birthmom's side--Sarah and Rebecca. It is still so mind-blowing to think I just met all of them this summer. Rebecca and I had a wonderful chance to chat a little bit about that experience. It's neat to see some of the personality and external qualities that are similar. So crazy when I am told I look like someone.
After church I came back to campus and the whole place was abuzz! The yard was actually busy! And there was something other than silence and bus exhaust pipes. The energy flowing into campus along with the students was refreshing. It was fun to see everyone running around in the 40 degree weather in denial of the cold by wearing shorts. It was a bit depressing to see some of the students coming back with these gorgeous tans...we tried, but weren't quite so successful during our 30 minute stint in Florida! :)
Finished the night by watching the Vikings' dreams crash under the thundering applause of the Big Easy fans. :( Bummer. But the Colts won and I am definitely rooting for them in the big game!
On a fun, albeit random note, if anyone watched the figure skating competition on Saturday night, Emily Hughes is one of the roommates of my teammates Jax and Claire! It was so neat to be watching NBC and "know" someone! Unfortunately she did not make the top two, but what an exciting opportunity!
18 days until my parents get to come out to visit!! We are now officially at the halfway point of the season game wise. Every game is huge from here on out. Friday and Saturday we play Columbia and Cornell at home. Claire still hasn't been allowed to participate in practices, but hopefully she will be back for the games.
I am curious how today is going to go--seeing tons of people, going back to Italian, experiencing my first huge lecture class. All sorts of new things today.
Except the rain--now that I am used to :). So I will put on my handy dandy rain boots, bring my umbrella, and wear my raincoat. Hope you have a wonderful day and a great week!
Take care and God bless!
O&O,
M
P.S. I'm sure Joe Jr., who just happened to be on the opposite bank across from the diving platform, was amused by our antics :)...
(If you click on the image, you can enlarge the picture to see it better.)
No comments:
Post a Comment