I have to admit, there have been some definite bonuses to just playing basketball and not having to worry about anything else. Now that I know what to expect, I plan on using my time much more constructively and wisely next year. This would be an excellent time to do some community service and get to know the area better. This time around though I wasn't sure (and neither was anyone else due to the scheduling change and having semester tests before break instead of after) and have just been floating through, enjoying the freedom, and spending too much money going out to eat.
Basketball is going well. We have some BIG games coming up. Wednesday we play NJIT at their place. Harvard has never played them before, but we definitely need to get another win on the road under our belt. Because--oh! side tangent! The team decided to take a little trip the other night and go and watch Dartmouth play at Boston College. BC STOMPED them. It was pretty ugly. Dartmouth had 13 points at halftime and when we left the sore was 80-45. Yikes. But anyway, Dartmouth is always a big time rival and we open league play at their place next Saturday. Then--and this one's a kicker--we travel to Florida and play #13 AP Poll Florida State on Thursday. Ohhhh boy. That will be an extremely tough game. Then we start rolling with Ivy play--two opponents every weekend for the rest of the season. One game Friday, one game Saturday, Sunday off, and then spend the week preparing for the weekend. The good thing about that schedule is that there is a cadence to it which will help with balancing the school work as well.
Speaking of cadence--I watched the BCS Bowl game and WOW! I miss marching band! And band in general. I have to admit I miss playing music. That was such a totally different aspect of life that I truly miss. I love the fact that there are so many opportunities to experience the arts in this city and hope to take advantage of that this spring. Bummer on Colt McCoy not getting the chance to play in his final college game, but I found this website and thought it said everything very well: http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/PabloDeTejas/222908
Well, I guess it did have a bit more to say than I thought :). Last night the team had a costume party...all sorts of creativity went into the night. I was supposed to be Simba and turned out looking a lot more like Tigger. Ah well :) we had an enjoyable time getting dressed up. Now I better run--lunch, meeting with our team sports psychologists (she is working with a couple of different Harvy teams and just trying some different team building, goal setting, and mental toughness exercises with us; and she also meets with us every so often 1-on-1), then the men's first league game against Dartmouth at 2 P.M.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Enjoy your Saturday and soak in some winter sunshine :)
O&O,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment