I'd forgotten
about a poem
how the words
and thoughts broken up
and
sep
ar
a
ted
Became like beads
on a bracelet,
broken
and
scattered
Yet
when tied together
they turn
into something
Beautiful.
-----
I'd forgotten about poetry until last night when I read a poem in a book. What is it about poetry that speaks to the heart and mind? I have missed it.
It's the day before another big weekend. Columbia Friday night; Cornell Saturday. It is a huge weekend for the men's team as well--they are playing at Columbia and Cornell, and if they can win these games, they will show that they are really the team to beat and could potentially make it to the NCAA tournament for the first time in program history. That would be pretty amazing to witness. For us, Columbia has the #1 rebounder in the country--"Judes". She's a beast on the boards and will be a huge challenge for us to contain. She has been averaging something like 16 rebounds a game. Wow.
It looks like all of my classes are going to work out. I still haven't found out what my writing class will be--I will find that out on Saturday. Today I took advantage of the opportunity to sleep in because I don't start my Tuesday/Thursday class until next week.
Last night I went to Harvard College Faith in Action. They are a Christian Fellowship that just started last year. They have two full-time seminary guys who lead what are called "Bible courses" for an hour and a half on Wednesday and Friday nights. I think I might look into it a bit more. I went to their introductory meeting with my teammate Victoria.
I hope I don't forget what it means to study...that would be a bit inconvenient. Pray that things will work out with Italian...with our basketball schedule I will be missing a lot of Friday classes that are mandatory and I will need to find a way to make up that time.
Claire was cleared to practice yesterday! :) I am very excited about that! But then my fellow freshmen forward, Emma Golen, became sick and couldn't come to practice yesterday :(. She has swollen tonsils and who knows what else. I haven't heard how she is doing today yet, but I hope she can get better soon--she was miserable the other day.
Not too much longer until I get to see my parents! :) I hope everyone enjoys their last few days of January!
O&O,
M
P.S. My intro to Psych class has double the number of the students they thought would enroll: 447 kids!! Now that is the largest class I have been in! But I was so happy to get into the class I don't mind it being so huge. Four of my teammates are also in that class which will be nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment