Saturday, January 23, 2010

Gators & Seminoles!

Soooo fun! We threw ourselves off a 13 foot high platform into a 120 feet deep fresh spring lake and loved every minute of it! Fearless in the face of the impending danger of an 11 foot alligator across the water, everyone except two of our players made the plunge :)! We then proceeded to lounge about in our swimsuits and hope and wish and hope and wish...and hope and wish some more for some sort of tan :).

Well, not much to say about the game. Woulda, coulda, shoulda--that's basically all that can be said. If you want to read about the game click here.

The day after the game is when we went to Wakulla Springs (or something like that) and went on an hour long alligator river boat tour before catapulting into the delightfully refreshing spring water. No serious injuries other than the bitten tongue of an over-rotated flipper.

Now we are enjoying our last weekend without homework of any sort. School starts Monday! I think I am going to be taking the following classes:
Science of Living Systems 20 (basically Psych 101)
Expos 20 (although I'm not sure what specific section I will be in)
Italian Ab (the last semester of a foreign language I will ever have to take!!)
Intro to African American Studies 10 (could be interesting...the Professor that made a lot of the news...although I don't remember when...teaches that class: Gates...)

Well, this is it. Last weekend. So, I'm going to get some rest ;) and enjoy tomorrow off. I know everyone has their own opinions but I have to admit a Super Bowl between the Vikings and the Colts would be pretty sweet...just saying ;).

I also must admit that my parents' taste in music has decided to become my new kick lately...along with Pandora becoming my new best friend: Fernando Ortega, Stephen Curtis Chapman, Chris Rice, Bebo Norman, Phil Keaggy...acoustic, refreshing, and calming music...ahhh (contented sigh).

Have a wonderful Sunday and enjoy cheering on your favorite team...or your second favorite for those Pats, Bears, and Packers fans out there ;) !

O&O,

M

No comments: