6-0 on the home court! :) Tromped Navy Saturday night. Now we have four games on the road and that is a big time challenge because right now we are...*cough cough*0-4*cough cough* on the road. But hey, it's a new year right?
Had a nice surprise at the Navy game--my birthmom's sister Carolyn and her husband Bob and son Joe came to the game and then "kidnapped" me. That was a very nice and very much appreciated surprise. Joe and I went to a Shane & Shane concert while Bob and Carolyn went to go pick up Caroline, a fellow Coast Guard Academy student of Joe's who happens to be from Iowa City. We then drove to their home on the South Shore of Boston and enjoyed a delightful night of sleep. Caroline and I were treated to some delicious German pancake or something or other and then we went to church and enjoyed Joe playing the violin with the worship team. I had the chance to relax by their open fire, eat delicious home cooked food (including homemade bread!), and watch my first Italian movie-Life Is Beautiful. All and all a very enjoyable weekend.
This morning Bob drove me back into Harvard and I headed over for our 11 A.M. practice...and left the gym at 5 P.M. Quite the full day on the basketball court. Now we are about to sit down and watch Pride & Prejudice.
Random side note--how do you say Hawkeyes? I just mentioned to my teammate how the Hawkeyes are playing tomorrow night, and she thought for sure I was saying "hot guys". Too funny :). So say it out loud a couple of times. Hawkeyes. Hawk. Awkward. Have to admit I say it like "Hoch-eyes". Hm. Looking forward to seeing the bowl games...who's going to win?
Have a wonderful night and let's have a great January!
O&O,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment