Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Eighteen Days

All I want for Chirstmas...? Is to be home. Until then? Opportunities to sleep would be very much appreciated.

Game tonight vs. Holy Cross. Let's see how we will do after that big game against CU. I am hoping to squeeze in a nap somewhere today and just maybe really sleep in tomorrow. Who knows. Last week of official classes. If I can just somehow manage to get through these next 19 days alive and well...Lord, Lord, have mercy on me and everyone who is going through finals.

My prayer is that my attitude and daily life will bring glory to God in the midst of my struggles; that I will rely on him to carry me and trust in his plan for my life. I pray that I will not be lazy and that I will use my time wisely, but that I will also remember to take the necessary breaks along the way. One day at a time. One day closer to seeing my families back home.

May the approaching Christmas season be a time of simplicity and joy. May you truly cherish the time you have with your loved ones and hold them close to your heart. May the Lord bless you and keep you in the days ahead, and most of all may you be wrapped in the blanket of his peace and joy.

O&O,

M

P.S. I'm reminded yet again of a little girl's note to me one Sunday a couple of years ago during church..."Look Miriam, stressed spelled backwards is desserts." I wonder if I will ever be able to forget that. How I hope it is true! Although I have to admit, trusting in God's plan and avoiding stress altogether would probably be an even better alternative! 18 days, 18 days, 18 days! Please, oh please, oh please may I come out okay!

P.P.S. Mom pointed out the technicality--at first I had 19 days...18 is even better :).

P.P.P.S. Up the mountain above Boulder, CO - November 28, 2009

No comments: