Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Today's the Day

Last day of stats. Hallelujah! But I would much prefer it to be a successful last day than a stressful last day. I was reminded of my freshmen year in cross country last night--that season of struggling to, at the beginning, even finish a race seems pretty analogous to this year. So I keep running, because just like that year in CC, my goals are to not walk and to not finish last. Because in the long run, this is all going to be worth it. And, as I was reminded this morning, what an opportunity I have been blessed with--for me to be anything but positive and thankful right now is a negative attitude, sooooo...on I march!

And...FIVE DAYS! I have had a blast trying to figure out my schedule for my time home :). I am so looking forward to seeing everyone! I am going to try and dual the boys' and girls' basketball games Monday night (Dec 21). First the girls' at home vs. Rockridge for the jv and the 1st quarter of the varsity and then zoom over to try and catch the second half of the boys' varsity game at West Prairie. Almost home, almost home, almost home...

Now discipline, deep breaths, counting to 10 (as much as needed haha), and making it through these next few days with my head up and the knowledge that I have given my best effort.

And in the midst of all of this craziness...Lord, Thank you so much for the hope you sent us with the birth of your Son, Jesus. Let us not forget the true meaning of Christmas and the joy we can have this season in you.

Peace and Blessings,

O&O,

M

No comments: