Sunday, December 6, 2009

85-68

It's a W. An ugly one. Down by four at halftime and started the half by letting them go on an 11-2 run...but we ended up winning, and actually...by a lot. How? Determination, Focus, Energy, and sheer force of Will. What a team.

Hmm...Determination. Focus. Energy. Force of Will. Maybe I should take into account the lessons learned from this afternoon's game and apply them to my Italian studying/final for tomorrow. Might just be a good idea.

The other day I was asked who I look to in life or on the basketball court for that source of extra energy--who's that friend, teammate, classmate, or colleague that gives that extra boost when things are looking grim? Who cracks the joke or says the right words of encouragement at the right time? It reminded me to thank those people in my life and to remember to truly appreciate how much they mean to me. To those of you that make an effort to be that person for someone else, thank you. And as we would say from the bench or out on the court in one of our games, "I see you working _______!!" :) Your efforts are appreciated and the difference they make you may never know, but keep it up. I know how precious those words and moments can be not only in the middle of the chaos, but in retrospect.

I am curious to hear how much snow lovely midwest Illinois receives over these next few days! I am in no rush to see that cold weather advance east, so if you wouldn't mind sending it the other direction, that would be fine by me :). And of course, a huge CONGRATS to those farmers who have finally been able to bring in the harvest! What a job! Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication!!!

To the books!

O&O,

M

2 comments:

chris lung said...

good luck miriam hope finals go well

Frank Chris and Frankie

johnMullen said...

Meriam not sure if previous note was accepted just a little Christmas blessing for you friends and family. Get some rest and see you soon. John, and Marilyn Mullen