Monday, November 16, 2009

Oh. Right. Oo. Time to Focus.

So the weekend was a huge rush!
We beat BC!
The boys won in TRIPLE OT with a last second buzzer beater 3-pointer from our one-and-only Jeremy Lin!
AND the COLTS pulled out a WIN over the PATS on a last second TD!
It made me just want to jump around and celebrate and laugh and kid and joke and...

WHAM. On the line.

Oh. Right. Time to focus. Because we do have a game tomorrow on our home court. And if we don't get out heads screwed on straight before 7 P.M. tomorrow, we will be in some major major trouble. And my legs will be no more. Tonight was a good reminder and reality check that we have to stay focused and take one game at a time. Or? We will run. And then we might lose. And then we would run some more. Until we couldn't talk. Or think. Or shoot. Or play. Or move. I think I really like the focusing and winning alternative better.

So game day tomorrow. 7 P.M. vs. Maine. Game time baby.

Prayer request: Frank Brokaw of Rozetta Baptist Church has been diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer. I know from experience how great the power of prayer is just within the people I know from back home. So let's all come together and lift Frank up in prayer--that a hedge of peace, love, and protection may be built around him and his family and that God would perform a miracle and take the cancer away. Faith of a mustard seed. Believe.

West Central Heat Girls' Basketball--first game tonight!! How strange it is not to be putting on my red, white, and navy uniform right now, and AC and I doing our fist pound and pre-game rituals. We had a great four years there and I will always consider WC GBB my team and my home. Go get 'em ladies!

Take care and God bless!

O&O,

M

No comments: