Friday, November 6, 2009

Media, Games, Tests, & Mantras

Media options:
The Harvard Women's Basketball website can be found by going to www.gocrimson.com . There will always be follow up articles after games and an updated win/loss/score record. I also checked with my coach and ALL HOME games will have live stats and video! A season pass can be bought for watching the home games by going to this link on go.crimson.com:

http://www.stretchinternet.com/harvardvideo.html

The NCAA ticker on ESPN/ESPN 2 will also almost always have the scores going across on the bottom of the screen. I also believe single game passes can be purchased.

Games: Our first game is coming up on Saturday, November 14th!! We will open with Boston College on our home court. They have two all-ACC 6'5"/6'4" post players...so I plan on taking a lot of pre-game/post-game pictures of my nose ;).

Tests: Actually test...I had another big stats test on Thursday and I studied like crazy for it and...

Mantras: ...on my way to the test I kept thinking of Proverbs 3:5-6:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."
And Philippians 4:13:
"I can do all things through Christ."
And Jeremiah 29:11:
"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future."
And as I was walking I had this little side debate with myself: was I just saying those verses as some type of mantra? some form of good luck? or for some other reason? I came to the conclusion that no, I wasn't using those verses as a, "Oh, well, if I say Phil. 4:13 I will for sure ace this test". Instead, (as I was discussing with my mom), I was saying those verses to keep my mind focused--they are not mantras to me, but a mindset that I want to have. Even if I were to fail the test (lose the game, not do well on something, etc.), I would still know and believe that God has it all in control. He knows the plans he has for me, he knows the way that I take and he goes before me. I can do all things through Christ--even struggle, or lose, or make mistakes, because the Lord is my Rock and my Foundation--although I may slip or stumble, as long as I am striving to keep my eyes on him and stay in his will, He's got it.
Period.

Back to the test: So, I guess with some organization, some hard work, some discipline, and some prayer, not forgetting to add the studying for more hours than I ever have in my life, it just might be possible to pass stats class :). How do I know? Because I received an............

Hmm. Actually I better not tell just yet ;). I haven't told my parents. Sorry :), I'll save that little tidbit for later. But just know the score was not as important as the feeling of peace I had the night and day of, that whatever happened, (and I say this sincerely) I knew God had a plan for me. I did my part, what I had control over--the studying, the focusing--and the rest?

God's got it.

Now I just have to learn to always remember that, not just now when I knew my dominant response would be to be extremely anxious and worried (hence, the last blog, trying to prevent that!).

Enough rambling from me :). I have two more largerish assignments: Italian take home quiz again and a big photography project that I have errr, umm, mmm...you know...not started on...But I will! Obviously I have to now--it's due Monday! But I have made it through Stats and I turned in my philo final draft. So check, check. Now on to basketball and learning how to play some real defense, not just stay in the paint and swat shots defense ;) (usually when you tally up the blocks, they don't call you lazy...well now it is a little harder to block shots so...).

Oh and one other thing...Congrats to United volleyball. I know it is a huge bummer to lose, but know that you brought a community together and were used to make an impact in ways you may never know! Keep your heads up and embrace the amazing moments you had!

It's Friday!

O&O,
M

No comments: