Sunday, September 20, 2009

Soaking Up Sunshine

Good afternoon! :) So yesterday I made a couple phone calls...and there was nothing going on that I was too freaked out about. Everything seemed pretty chill...pretty normal.

Weird.

Some of the highlights lately:
  • I'm learning I need to budget both my time and my money. They are both precious commodities at this point in my life so I am trying to learn to use them wisely.
  • We had our second (and final) set of recruits in this weekend and this time I went into Boston with them and strolled down Newbury St. where everything costs a million bucks. But it was still fun to walk around.
  • I went to the Friday night college group gathering for the church I have been attending. It was fun and not too far away. There were probably about forty or so there, many of them from Boston College, Northeastern, or Boston University. It seems like a very promising atmosphere to get involved in.
  • I now have a tutor for Italian, thank goodness. Hopefully the class will be a little less overwhelming now.
  • And last, but not least, I went to church this morning and really felt like I was in the right place. They have been praying for years I guess for students from Harvard to come to the church and so now every time we meet someone on the administration we are told we are answers to their prayers. That's always an interesting feeling. They would love to start a faithgroup on our campus that would meet once a week for an hour or so as a Bible study/fellowship time. Three ladies from the church have already put their names up to lead us, so we shall see what happens.
The weather is absolutely gorgeous today and the homework isn't too intense so I think I might go lay out by the river for a little bit. The team has suffered from injuries as of late and we are currently at seven players who are allowed to play. Some of the girls have pulled or strained muscles, while others are feeling sick, (so they are only out for a little while) and then two of our girls (one being the freshmen I have mentioned before) need knee surgery. When four out of the seven players that can play our freshmen it makes for an interesting scrimmage time. At least we have had the recruits lately--this next week could be a bit more challenging.

I am feeling much better but still have a bit of a lingering cough. Hopefully every one will be feeling healthy soon.

Well...I think that about covers most of it. Next weekend will be the first home football game which will be exciting. I miss back home a ton, but it's getting better. The church is having a college/family meeting dealio in a few weeks where families get to meet the college students and "adopt" them. I am looking forward to that--seems to be an ongoing trend in my life ;).

Enjoy this week! I know Homecoming Week is this week with the big game and dance at the end and that PraiseFest is next weekend at Grace Bible Church in Monmouth, and the Gladstone Homecoming week is this week as well I believe. So everybody will be extra busy! I wish everyone well back home--enjoy the weather, enjoy the season, and love life!!

O&O,
M

No comments: