Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Last Day of September


Good morning! The sunrise on our way to morning lift today was absolutely beautiful. It's hard to believe it is the last day of September. What a month it has been.

It was sooo nice to have a visitor from back home come out here! It gave me a wonderful excuse to avoid my homework and to take some time to relax and enjoy Sunday night football like I used to with my dad. In a way, showing off Harvy as "this is where I go to school, live, and play basketball" solidified the fact that I am here for the next four years, for better or for worse.

Thank you for the prayers on behalf of my teammates that had to get surgery. Both of their surgeries went really well. Swanney--if you read this, my teammate Jasmine held on to the lucky buckeye you sent me while she had her ACL surgery :); thank you for sending that! The day of her surgery I spent some time with Jasmine--and it was interesting. She kept saying, "I'm David! I'm David! Like David in 'David After Dentist'!" For those of you who haven't yet seen this, I highly recommend going to youtube.com and typing in "David After Dentist" (first option). It is highly entertaining and I can't help but substitute in any one of my numerous favorite Brent clan kiddos. :)

Coming up this week I have a stats midterm tomorrow. Wish me luck in studying for that! I have been procrastinating as usual, but I am hoping to have a lovely cram session tonight after practice. Speaking of practice, I can already see improvement with the team--getting in better shape, better body control, tougher, etc. I am also getting a huge reality check that not only do I have a lot of work to do in order to compete at this level, but I also have a lot of water I need to drink or I am going to pass out. Only a couple more weeks of early morning lifts though!!

My mom sent me some Biblical definitions of tough, and I look forward to putting some of those up on here, but I don't have them on me right now. I miss my parents a ton, but they are troopers, colds and all ;).

Have a wonderful day and happy mid-week! Thank you so much for the prayers and support--they are going to carry me through these next four years. I can't wait to come home, but until then...Live, Love, & Laugh!

O&O,
M

No comments: