Make that two on the weekend.
Ooftuh, as Grandma would say. I had forgotten how it is to play in the Ivies. Drive, drive, drive, watch a movie, drive some more, get off the bus sleepwalking, collapse in bed, wake up, shoot around, pass out in bed, wake up, eat, play, drive, drive, drive, sleepwalk, collapse on the floor on the way to the bed, wake up, eat, shoot, sleep, eat, play, drive, drive, drive, watch movies, and if we won both, celebrate, if not, pout, allllllll the way back home. Then unpack, get to your room, and collapse. Oh do I love our Columbia/Cornell travel weekend. Ooftuh.
Thankfully, we posted two wins on the weekend. You can never take a game for granted in the Ivy League when every game is a championship game. We almost blew it playing Columbia on Friday, but pulled out a one point win. I am not even going to mention their record. All I know is Friday, they were playing to win. And they almost did. Saturday, we broke out of our trance and put a great game together beating Cornell by thirty. I had 14 friends and family at Columbia and 10 at Cornell :). Not too shabby for being from Blandinsville, IL. It was such a joy to see my parents and all of our Bronx Household of Faith family on Friday. And then on Saturday, Mom's best friend and her family were there--I can always count on them to take amazing care of my parents--work them hard...laughing ;). And my birth mom's fam came as well. My younger sister Katie is taller than me and she is only 13!!! Josiah will catch up someday, but for now, Katie, Luke, and I are a foot (at least) taller :).
Classes have started--Social psy, Research Methods, a lab about performance judging/scouting/hard work vs. natural talent, and British Empire. As of now I have no class on Thursday or Friday. I will have lab work to do, but no classes require me to be fully awake until 10 AM :). Cheers to hard work and getting it done!
Snow, snow everywhere! I don't know where the plows are going to put it!
I've gotta run--laundry to do!
O&O,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment