Thursday, January 20, 2011

Heading out to Seattle!

One word for the past couple of days regarding the weather: yuck. Rain, ice, snow, black ice, rain, snow drifts, monster puddles, more rain, sometimes ice. Not the best for driving, walking, or going outside in general. But today it is beautiful and sunny, although colder than it has been. This weekend it is supposed to get really chilly--13 degrees on Sunday. Seattle will be a nice little break...sort of. It will be in the 40s, but unfortunately it will also be raining. We are flying out this evening and we come back Sunday afternoon (argh! right during the best NFL game of the year! the Bears vs. the Packers!!!).

Update on injuries: Thank you for your prayers for Claire. Her surgery went well and quite a few of us had the pleasure of visiting with her before the meds were on full rampage. She will have quite the road back to full strength, but she is a trooper for sure. Jasmine suffered a minor concussion against Dartmouth and has not been able to practice--prayers for her full recovery as well. Concussions are not fun at all. Emma M's wisdom teeth emergency surgery went well, prayers that everything will heal quickly for her too. And then Marissa's knee--still not totally sure what's wrong, but as neither her nor Claire will be able to travel to Seattle with us, prayers that they will have the chance to rest and recover.

School starts Monday! AH! I'm not ready to have everyone back. I've gotten kind of used to the peace and quiet. Although it will be nice to see familiar faces. I'm almost finished with my social psych book. All of the rest of my classes are picked out, so I might see if there are any fun ones I could go check in on for kicks. Not sure.

Well, I will keep this one short and sweet. Wish us the best in Seattle :). And next weekend...MY PARENTS WILL BE HERE!!!! :) Yay!!!!

O&O,

M

No comments: