Happy dance! I can see the floor in my room! My suitcase from Christmas is finally put away! My room is no longer stuffy or dusty, and I have four loads of laundry just finishing up in the dryer! Hip hip hooray for a productive Monday! :)
Today is our day off after playing NJIT (and winning) yesterday. We were two 3-pointers away from setting the school record--we made 16 (I believe). Pretty crazy. Now we have this week to prepare for Dartmouth on Saturday--hello Ivy League! Then another week to prepare for Seattle--that will be a "fun" traveling experience. After that it is Friday/Saturday games from here on out. And in the Ivy League every game is a big game because we don't have a playoff tournament at the end. We play every one twice-once at home and once away-then whoever wins goes to the NCAA tourny and second place goes to the WNIT. No more oopses allowed.
Drumroll...I found out my grades!
Organizational Psych B+
Ancient Novels A-
Developmental Psych A
Psych Sophomore Tutorial A
!!!!!!Hooray!!!!!!!
I was super excited! Now I have two weeks from today to starting mentally preparing and organizing for next semester. I pretty much know which classes I am taking:
Social Psych
The British Empire
Research Methods for Psych
and then one other one--perhaps working in a lab.
Basically for the next two weeks I am going to be reading my social psych book and planning ahead for this summer. I will be giving basketball lessons again and am really looking forward to that :). I might even go on a little trip out to Colorado--perhaps. It's a program with Athletes in Action and basically you are tested to your physical limits and then taught how to apply godly principles within those tough situations. My teammate Victoria did it last year. I'm praying about whether or not I should go. Summer missions trip wise the Rozetta Baptist Church Missions team is going to do a "local" missions trip. No overseas trip for us this year. I am excited about the opportunities that may arise working in our own community. The idea is still taking shape but we know we will be staying around for a week.
Prayers for my teammate Claire--she is scheduled to have surgery on Jan 21st. It is officially a torn ACL :(. Prayer that she will have a quick recovery so that getting around to classes and such isn't so hard. Pray also for her mental and spiritual health as she sees the rest of her senior basketball season slip away. Thankfully Claire is incredible--despite the injury she will be a huge contributor to the team through her words of wisdom and coaching to the forwards on the side. I know I am already thankful for the opportunity to learn from her.
Laundry's done! Gotta run :). Wouldn't want to break my stride for too long this morning! Have a wonderful week and tomorrow night go and support the WEST CENTRAL BOYS' BASKETBALL TEAM AT HOME VS. WETHERSFIELD. Should be a good game and I am super proud of how they are playing this year!!
O&O,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment