Even though I have a seven page paper due in twenty hours that I have yet to start on, I have good reason (ha, okay, that might be sketchy) and I figured I owe a check in post...
Thursday: We traveled to Syracuse and lost. This is what I wrote in an email about the game: "Bummer on the game last night--it leaves a pretty bad taste. We outscored them in the second half. Oo. I just looked and we got outrebounded 50-26. Yuck. I played 16 minutes, and had a pretty good game. Our first half was just awful. We went in at halftime down 55-30. That's a pretty big hole to climb out of, no matter what the skill level of the other team. The worst part is, they were totally beatable. The killed us inside, but we had wide open threes the entire first half and couldn't hit them. Our two best 3-point shooters were cold going 2-11 and 2-9. Shoot! That's 48 points right there! Ugh. What a bummer way for them [those shooters] to have to end the season, they had a great year. Thank goodness we don't have any seniors."
And that was that. End of the season. Twenty win season. All over in one game. We traveled home on the bus that night and by 3 AM Friday morning I was in bed.
Friday: No alarm clock--it's spring break right? So I rolled out of bed around 10 AM and eventually made it over to Christine and Louie's place to watch the Cornell men win the first round of the NCAA (and they are still in it!). The rest of the afternoon was spent reading psychology and laying on a blanket soaking up some sunshine down by the river. Later a group of us went down to the North End and ate at Legal Seafood and enjoyed the harbor view. Starting to get tired, we rolled back into Harvy around 11 PM. But instead of going to bed, I changed into pjs, grabbed my teddy bear and blanket, and Vic and I went back to Chris and Louie's for an impromptu sleepover :). We watched the Maryland men and then the movie Slumdog Millionaire. Again at around 3 AM, we went to bed.
Saturday: Around 10 AM Vic and I got up, packed our bags, and took a field trip out to my aunt and uncle's on the South Shore of Boston. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, around a balmy 65 degrees, and perfectly sunny and delightful. We went kayaking, exploring down a creek, and singing down the river. It was great. Then Brogan came out and met us as well. We had a delicious dinner then I fell asleep on a hammock. The next few hours were filled with South African camera pictures, exploring rocky beaches on the Atlantic Ocean, finding pretty stones, trying to hit flying rocks with rocks, rock throwing contests, s'more inhaling, hot dog eating, campfire smoke avoiding, star gazing, singing to Trace Bundy (cool guitarist-youtube him), and playing frisbee in the dark (it's all in the wrist!).
Sunday: Woke up, made pancakes, went to church, met George H.W. Bush's sister-in-law and nephew and family, ate lunch, took a fifteen minute nap on the hammock, did homework, and then went back on the T to Park Street. While Vic went to Park Street church, I wandered around Boston Commons talking to my mom for the first time since the morning of the game. Once Vic was done we went to the movies and watched the one about the family wedding thing (obviously I wasn't a huge fan haha) (but! I did see the trailer that has a movie with D. Wade in it from the Miami Heat NBA team--although only a small part, that must mean it is a good movie right?). Then to top off the evening I did laundry until midnight.
Then, welcome back to school! Joy, joy, joy. We get this week off of basketball, with a meeting tomorrow and then individual meetings next week. After that it will be back to M, W, F lifting workouts, with T, Th captain's scrimmages, plus individual workouts with our position coach.
Paper due tomorrow, Psych test and paper due next Wednesday, Final Draft due for my expos paper April 3, Af Am midterm April 5...Yay.
But Wow! In terms of Saturdays, I will be home for the summer in EIGHT Saturdays!!! Wow wowowow! :)
Big plans for this summer (the one productive thing I did do over spring break!)--but I will save those for another day. Now, about this paper...
;) O&O,
M
P.S. I hear Showcase Night was a hit! And I am excited for Donkey Basketball coming up--that has to be one of my favorite pictures to show people when they visit my room. "You did what???!!?" :)
P.P.S. My Italian song for the day: http://www.lyrics.com/prayer-lyrics-celine-dion.html
No comments:
Post a Comment