Monday, October 26, 2009

Wow :)

Good morning, good morning, good morning! I love fall. I love the colors of the trees and the perfect jeans and a hoodie weather. I love the sun shining and the gentle breeze. I love all of the good things about fall--and yesterday was a glorious fall day at its best.

I did a wonderful job this weekend of procrastinating on studying and just enjoying life. It was very nice. I watched college football Saturday night--GO HAWKEYES! I'm not a true fan, but you have to admit that was an extremely exciting way to end a game!! I also watched the Gators and kept an eye on poor Mizzou. I had quite a fun time "watching" the games with a couple of fans by text--I can only imagine what kind of feeling the text, "Oh MAN! Iowa has the ball on the 7 with 2 SECONDS to GO!!" brought as they Hawkeyes undefeated season lay on the line.

Yesterday was a very interesting and exciting day--I just may have found a family! And maybe two of them! At the church I go to, I met a couple who has three kids-27, 24, and 20-and they live right outside of Boston in the country (and maybe even on a farm I believe!). Long story short, I ended up going out to dinner with them and hopefully I will get to know them better as the year goes on. They actually only visit this church every once in awhile to see their daughter, but they said it was only about 40 minutes out to their house, so who knows. Leslie just graduated a year ago and lives about three miles away and leads a faith group at the church. Then after I got back from lunch and did some homework (don't worry, not too much haha), my friend Jasmine and I went over to Saona's apartment for dinner and spent the evening with her and her husband Drew. Saona was a gem the team found in the divinity school here. She played D1 basketball for Rutgers and then transferred to the University of Richmond and played there. She started coming to our pick up games to scrimmage with us and now she is a volunteer assistant coach, and she's the best! She and Drew are also both Christians AND their apartment is literally a block away from the dining hall here! Jas and I will definitely be heading back over there very soon!

Let's see...we have our first practice scrimmage against another school on Tuesday and I must admit I'm kind of nervous. I have definitely learned a lot in the last two weeks! Then on Saturday we have our first official scrimmage with refs and everything. Ah! At the same time I am really excited to see what our team looks like against people other than ourselves. Hopefully all goes well.

No huge tests or papers due this week, but I do have another stats midterm test coming up next Thursday. Pray that I can get myself to diligently study for that and do much better than the last time. I did get a tutor for Stats so hopefully that will help as well. I am beginning to realize that the humility it takes to come to the realization you need help is okay, as long as it is not abused. So, I will continue to study and work hard...and just maybe every once in awhile procrastinate and enjoy the moments I have here ;).

You know? It is still so crazy to think that right now I am living in Boston, Massachusetts. And that I live by an ocean?? Sooo strange. I usually don't even think about that at all!

Okay, I really better get going! To start the day: May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face shine upon you. And give you peace, and give you peace, and give you peace.

O&O,

M

P.S. I also want to lift up the friends and family of Edna Eckerholm as she passed away earlier this week. She was a dear friend of my grandma's and a pillar of faith in her church.

P.P.S. Oh! And Saturday Jaz and I went shopping at the Cambridge mall and I found some great deals! It was parents weekend here so her dad was able to drive us around :). It did make me miss my mom while I was shopping--I didn't have anyone to put up with my, "Ohh, well I dunno, I kinda like this one...err, but, mmm maybe I like this one...ahh, no THIS one...ohh but I really do like THAT one! Mom! What do I do?" Haha, you know what I'm talking about, right Mom? ;) Love you both! Can't wait til Thanksgiving in Colorado--and 56 days until I'm HOME!! :)

No comments: