Hello again!
Now it is Wednesday afternoon at 3:23 and I am in an internet cafe with 11 minutes left on the clock! Hopefully this time I won't run out.
Today we went to the wildlife conservatory, but as a picture speaks a thousand words, and I don't have the time to describe all of the cool animals and plants we saw, I guess everyone will just have to come to the picture program August 20th at 7 P.M. when I get back. I will say that I met a kangaroo (actually over 40 of them), saw a koala (which is NOT a bear, but a marcupial), and saw the largest crocodile I have ever seen in my life!
After the sanctuary we all bussed over to this college, which I really think was a high school. Our bus was a bit late...see being the smallest girls team either has its perks or its downsides depending on how you look at it: they didn't have room for us on the girls' bus so the six of us are "stuck" with the boys :). Most of the time this isn't much of an issue. That is until three boys decided to not worry about the time and managed to be 45 minutes late to when we were supposed to be leaving the wildlife place. Oh well.
At this school, we actually had the opportunity to scrimmage some of the girls at the school. It was their lunch time so almost their entire school came in to watch the games. The boys were on one court and we were on the other. Let's just say both the boys and the girls...well...dominated? Americans must just have this thing :). Of course who knows what will happen come Saturday.
I did get signed up with three other girls and two of the moms from our group to do the Great Barrier Reef day tour Friday! I am soooo excited! We are going to buy underwater cameras for sure! Just think Finding Nemo :).
Tonight we are eating at a seafood restaraunt and I am going to eat a foretold delicious steak. Hopefully we will wrap up the night with a nice stroll on the beach and some shopping. Looking forward to laying out tomorrow afternoon though, we will see!
Gotta run times running out!
More later!
P.S. It should work to comment now :)
1 comment:
At the reef don't forget to look for Flounder & Sebastian!
DJ
Post a Comment