So much for laying out today! We had basketball practice at 7:30 this morning and then came back to the hotel to change and turn around to head over to Dreamworld- an amusement park similar to a mix of Adventureland and Six Flags. Our team hung out and had a lot of fun going from ride to ride.
Speaking of the team: we have two girls from Lane Tech High School in Chicago (a HS that is about the same size as Harvard College: 5000 people), two girls from Rollo (?), Kansas, and one girl from Fredonia, Kansas. One of the girls from Rollo had a previously torn ACL and yesterday during scrimmaging she reinjured it :(. On the bright side we added three girls to our team from Texas: Davey Ann, Amanda, and Camber. We have a pretty even team compared to all the rest which is good.
Today I saw the coolest toilet seats I have ever seen in my life! To all Stu Co members who helped paint the girls' bathroom, you would have loved them too. They had plastic animals in multicolored and decorated jungle-themed toilet seats!! I was so excited :). Too funny.
So I am totally psyched about tomorrow!! The Great Barrier Reef! One bummer: the bus leaves at 6:05 A.M. Ooftuh. Oh well. Totally worth it.
I did a little bit of shopping tonight. I loooove the Aborigine original art! But I don't figure that getting them back home for dorm decor would be particularly wise. (Right Mom?)
Oh by the way! Hi to my parents! It's been awhile :). Hope all is well in the house that time forgot haha. And Dad, nice to see you have a Facebook account, but unhuh, no way, no how am I going to add you :). Or Mrs. Frakes if she happens to chance on to one again!! ;)
Two minute warning on the clock. Hope all is well back home. It has been somewhat chilly here but not too bad--especially not for the middle of winter! The only part that gets me is how dark it gets so early!
Better run! Good night! (Or good morning!)
Over and out!
2 comments:
MEME JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU GOOD LUCK AND WE WILL BE THINKING OF YOU WHILE YOU ARE THERE PLAYING. GOOD LUCK AND BRING HOME A GOLD.
LOVE FRANK CHRIS AND FRANKIE
Hey Girlie!!! Sounds like you are having a great time...Can't wait to see the pictures and hear your stories...Good Luck with the games...AND Mr. Rutzen don't feel bad that she doesn't want to add you on Facebook my kids won't add me either, they say I am too old to be on Facebook!!!
Post a Comment