Friday, July 24, 2009

Thursday, July 24

We made it! I have an all new appreciation for Nemo!! It was great! And on the way home I got to sit in the co-pilots seat! Whooo! :)

I have to admit snorkling isn't exactly my cup of tea. I was doing a bit of what you might call hyperventilating through that little pipe sticking out of the water. We started out in about shoulder deep water for the first 20 minutes or so. Floating around with ginormo feet was a bit...interesting. Then when we got to the other side of the island where we had to jump out of a boat into the water...ay yi yi. I was scared to death. Of course surrounded by people I have only met a week ago, none of them really knew that I was about to die :) so...I jumped. AHHH!

The worst worst worst part was when this huge wave came over and went down my pipe thingy and I choked. Ugh, it was naaasty. It burned like crazy. The other part that was scary was going under water. I couldn't quite comprehend how you did it and everyone kept saying just hold your breath. Ok... yipes. It was an awe-inspiring experience: swimming right where Nemo grew up ;). I was right in there with the fish that make all of those cool shapes. Some of the girls saw a turtle and a harmless shark up close. We saw a bunch of manta rays while on the boat. It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience.

Well we found out that not only do we actually play tomorrow, but our team also has the first game at 8 in the morning and we play SIX games tomorrow, not five!! AH! And after walking around Dreamworld and swimming today my quads are shot. But hey, Let's play ball!!!

Hope all is well back home!

Over and out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying reading your posts. Sounds like you are really having fun! Take care!
Kathy Magee