Friday, January 20, 2017

Flashback Photo Friday - Peru

As I have yet to provide any photos but only written accounts up to this point, I wanted to add some visual aids for my travels while I am enjoying a home base stint for the next month. Simply click on the images to enlarge them. Enjoy!

Below are my Top 10 Photos from my trip to Peru, #1 being my favorite:

#10 - Three windows known as the Sun Temple in the ruins of Machu Picchu

#9 - Reflections of a glacier into a glacier lake. During this short side trip, we witnessed an avalanche far above us on the mountainside.
#8 - Cuscu rooftops from a window in my hostel my first morning in the city.
#7 - The trail we followed including trekking into Aguas Calientes while following railroad tracks. Why take the sidewalk when I could tiptoe railroad ties?
#6 - Unfiltered, this was the view we had for part of the afternoon on our way to base camp the second day. Absolutely amazing. The fact camp was "down the mountain and on the other side of the next mountain" was at least easy on the eyes.
#5 - Classic, but still unbelievably incredible view of Machu Picchu. The weather cooperated splendidly!
#4 - During the Sacred Valley tour, this was one of the sites we visited at the end of our day. We could have stayed at this last spot for hours--it was very intricate, layered, and incorporated a great deal of land.
#3 - I promise you none of these pictures are filtered or edited, and this one takes the cake for unreal. This was the restaurant where we ate lunch during our Sacred Valley tour. Wow!
#2 - Oh dear Salkantay Mountain, I doubt I will ever forget what you looked like that morning as I emerged out of my tent alive and able to breathe. That was truly the longest night of my life, but the late night view was even more spectacular!
#1 - Coolest photo, and definitely in my overall Top 10 of the year, this shot is taken while overlooking Machu Picchu from within the city walls. The thatched roof hut was silhouette against extremely dense fog that settled just after we arrived and lifted about an hour later. To be on a mountain surrounded by deep valleys on every side with even larger mountains encircling us in the background was one of the neatest views I have ever experienced in my life. Good job iphone on capturing the detail of the straw!


No comments: