"What's that smell?"
"What smell?"
"VICTORY!!!!!!!!"
73-54 over the Maine Black Bears yesterday. But don't let the final score deceive you--down 20-10 at one point in the first half, we never felt comfortable with the lead until four minutes left in the game. Maine came out of the gates shooting...and we did not. 30% from the field in the first half, outrebounded beyond belief, and struggling to find our rhythm, you would have thought aliens had taken over our bodies during our over night stay. Thankfully the second half started to draw out a little more of the Harv we all know and love--50+% from the field, boxing out, and getting a nice offensive flow, all starting with an amped up defensive intensity. Still, 19 point win or not, everyone is (still) pretty antsy over the expectation to see what the real Harvard team will do when we show up for the whole game not just the last eight minutes.
Did you know that hitting the side of a barn with a basketball can actually be quite difficult? No? Well, you are right--it shouldn't be difficult, but boy oh boy was I struggling with my shots yesterday! But as a good friend of mine said, it'll come, I'll hit the barn. :) Deep isn't it?
Never to have a noon game completely consume a day, upon arrival back into dear old Cambridge, the team hopped off to CVS, Boloco, and other stores/places to eat, to fill our stomachs before dressing up in some ridiculously entertaining costumes for a Great Women in History random fun party for women's basketball, field hockey, softball, and some other teams. Choosing from a list written by some very creative ladies, we had quite the variety to choose from. I narrowed it down to Shirley Temple or Aunt Jemima. I ended up going with the costume that required a bottle of syrup...that I can hopefully return :). Others present included Joan of Arc, Hellen Keller, Dolly the clone sheep, Janice Joplin, Marilyn Monroe, the Statue of Liberty, Mother Nature, Princess Lea, the girl off of the Titanic (who actually wore the Titanic!!), and Frida Kahlo, just to name a few. It was quite the entertainment :)
Six Saturdays until Christmas and after church today I need to sit down and figure what in the world I am going to do during these next few weeks. Games, papers, and exams, oh my! So I think an OCD-style plan of attack is in order--divide and conquer, manageable bites, see the trees for the forest-see the forest for the trees, and strive to get the best out of all of it! And have a little fun on the side :)
Happy November, have a wonderful week, and many blessings!!
O&O,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment