Scrimmages are a thing of the past! Next weekend: Game 1 @ Maine. Let the season begin!
Yesterday we had another scrimmage, this one a more official game-simulation format against U of Providence at our place. Always feeling good on our home court, shots were falling and we were playing quite well. Everyone got some playing time and it was exciting to see what the season will hold. Starting off with five games on the road, we will definitely need to have a different road game record than last year, but I think that we won't have to worry too much. This year's team is extremely focused. Having four seniors pushing for that Ivy Title and an NCAA bid raises the bar even higher--no second chances are left.
After the scrimmage, I came home and did LAUNDRY. Tons and tons and tons of it. Thank goodness for that extra hour last night! It has been fun to be around home for the weekend--curl up with my blanket and do some reading, clean up the room a bit, sneak a piece of candy every once in awhile. There is something to be said for staying in and just relaxing on the weekend.
Today, finally!, I get to go to church! We have had practice every Sunday for the past month, so I have been going to an evening service, but I always feel like those are just not the same. I'm excited to be headed back to CFCF this morning--I'll at least be able to get two services in before we are on the road to play in Navy.
School wise, big psych group project is due this month, along with a couple of papers. Not too bad. I'm not in any hurry to be done with this semester--it has been quite nice :). We do have to declare our concentration this month, which for me will officially be psychology. I think I am going to secondary in sociology as well. I would love to somehow squeeze a teaching degree into all of that, but balancing a teaching degree and basketball is not looking very realistic. I am doing some research on that though.
Cheers to November! High school boys' basketball is starting tomorrow! I'm sure the WC teams are looking forward to trading off on gyms :). Chilly here--supposed to be 40s today. Rainy tomorrow again, blegh. Seven weeks until Christmas day!!
Have a wonderful week!
O&O,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment