The sun is shining, the leaves are incredible, my birthday weekend was a blast, and I just slept through most of the morning trying to run away from a cold.
What a month! I don't even remember what all happened, but I can't believe it is already November! Counted it up and I have fifty-three days until Christmas break! I'm excited to enjoy home again. Maybe it was my birthday that brought it back up to the surface, but I must admit I miss home, miss my families, and miss harvest time in Illinois.
But! That's not to say things aren't wonderful here! Basketball is going great--our first game is two weeks from yesterday. We had our first scrimmage against the U of Rhode Island and that went really well. We scrimmage Providence Saturday at home which will be good as well I'm sure. Our revamped lockerroom is looking quite shnazzy and the surround sound system is very nice! Injuries are still prevalent but things are looking up with the passage of time. Prayers for those injured would be truly appreciated. School wise, papers are coming and going, and so far I'm staying above water. No terror has gripped me like it did a couple of times last year. A big group project is looming this month, along with two response papers, two 8-pagers, and one 15-pager. Considering the month of December includes five papers and two final exams, things are not too terrible. The big challenge will be time management and staying on top of the readings.
So how is it being 20? SUGARY. Way way way way too much sugar this weekend. My stomach feels like it is filled with cupcakes, not muscle. My last day of 19 was highlighted by wearing my birthday present of a Dwayne Wade jersey in 74 degree weather :). Talk about the heat haha. I love that guy. (NBA player who plays for the Miami Heat) Then Friday a friend from home visited and we went to watch the Boston Celtics play!!! Now that was amazing!! Courtside seats (eventually...long story) and Shaq was a MONSTER. Saturday was highlighted by laying in front of a fireplace and watching some college football, then eating homemade dinner and cupcakes out at my aunt and uncle's. Sunday we had practice (and every screen felt like it was mushing those cupcakes!) then watched a little of the men's bball scrimmage, then it was off to send my friend home. All in all, a great weekend.
Annnnnnnd then I remembered I hadn't done laundry in two weeks, or homework for that matter (only for a few days though haha), and that I was actually running quite low on sleep and starting to get a cold, and had a meeting in a couple of hours for our group project. Needless to say, my first November morning I was pretty slow in getting up, but now I feel much better, and I am headed to lunch before practice and my sophomore tutorial class from 7-9pm tonight.
Cheers to the first day of girls' basketball at WC and all the high schools!! I used to get more excited about the first practice than I was about my birthday! Now practice starts before my birthday and the first game is two weeks after it...so I guess I'll just stay excited for hs basketball! :)
Have a wonderful month of November!! I will try to update this a tad more regularly. Have a wonderful day, thank you all for the prayers and birthday wishes, and take care and God bless!!!!
O&O,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment