Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tada!

First off, WAY TO GO WEST CENTRAL HEAT VARSITY FOOTBALL!!!!!!!! 47-0!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, I'm all moved in :). Parents left around 4 PM and I headed to the gym to knock out my 10 free throws in a row which means I am back in the groove. As my friend at dinner said today, she wants to hit the ground running--well, a brisk walk might just work.

It is nice to be back. I will have pictures up as soon as my room is a little more organized and put together. I have a corner room so I have to admit it is pretty roomy which is really nice. I definitely need a few posters or something to perk up this wall--tack board white just doesn't quite do the trick. I am bummed about not having a bunk bed, but ah well, it will be okay.

An exciting change is that our locker room is being completely remodeled. That is dandy, except that is is anywhere from 2-4 weeks from even getting close to being done. Ah well--should be worth it come regular season right :). It is fun to be back and recognize all sorts of different people. Gotta love women's field hockey, softball, women's hockey, and football. It's like we all have been zapped into this new world and the summer was a completely different planet. Kinda fun :).

The plan for tomorrow is church followed by an Athletes in Action cookout, and then some massive Reaching for the S.T.A.R.S. Basketball Academy work as I wrap up all of my reports and numbers in order to get the material back out to the parents. I had a wonderful time working with the kids and really enjoyed getting to know them and challenging them to play at new levels. I think we all learned a lot this summer and I couldn't have asked for more.

September 1 is the first day of classes. As of now :) I'm tentatively looking at concentrating in psychology with a secondary in sociology...a.k.a. People. Should be an interesting year. I think I'm going to try to squeeze in a quick nap now before I head out to see some friends tonight. Have a wonderful week and SAVE THE DATE!!--WC HEAT vs Mercer County at HOME on September 10!!!!!!!

Molto amore! (HALLELUJAH NO FOREIGN LANGUAGE CLASSES!!!!)

O&O,

M

No comments: