But this one I would rather have drag on. As I chicken peck this post, my other hand is being held by my peacefully sleeping 6 year old best friend named Preston. How do I walk away from this community, these people, my families, when I care so much and have invested so much? Well, I start by trusting God to take care of them. He is in control of the same sun, moon, and stars I see in Boston that shine here. Am I more ready and prepared than last year? Yes, I am. Not because it will hurt any less to leave but because I know it will be okay. And I know better than to make the main fatal mistake that I made last fall--to try and live two places at once. I am only making it harder on myself if I expect that to be possible. I LOVE home, I LOVE my community. But if I try to carry that with me to Boston in its entirety, it would be like jumping off the edge of a waterfall with twenty bags on my back. I want to know and hear about life back home, but I need to make sure to balance it with living life in Boston. Prayers are much needed, welcome, and appreciated. I have a feeling this will be an exciting year.
But...I'm not in Boston yet, so I think I'm going to soak in this precious moment with my little guy, fall fast asleep and wake up knowing that I have five days to make the most of every moment.
Love, love, love.
O&O,
M
1 comment:
I am sure you will do great this year and be fine, but yes for goodness sake leave some time for yourself!
-matt
Post a Comment