Dear Friends and Family,
Safe and sound, I am acclimating into the sights, sounds, and rhythms of the inner city by writing this from an apartment in the Bronx, NYC. We have made amazing travel time and had an extremely enjoyable trip so far. We left Sunday afternoon after church and by that evening stayed in a hotel on the Indiana/Ohio border. By the next afternoon we were wrapped in hugs from my uncle's family in Washington, D.C. On Tuesday we spent the mid-70 degree morning lazing beside the Potomac river and taking turns in the canoe (which by the way, I like a kayak much more--for some reason I feel much safer in that). I played tag and wrestled with my cousin Ewen and watched as he made like 10 absolutely perfect smores. Eventually it was time to go pick up my 9th grade cousin Cam from football practice so we took the old but amazingly fun BMW convertible...and Uncle John even let me drive. This car was one of those convertibles that are made for tall people so it was great :). What was even more fun though was when I dropped off Uncle John so that Ewen (going into 8th grade) and I could go pick up Cam and Uncle John could make a business call. The top down, the windows down, and the music going, Ewen and I very much enjoyed our little cruise to practice (and then who could resist a little ice cream before dinner??).
The next morning started with a lovely walk around the lake with my uncle and then breakfast with the fam before we hopped in the car and headed out to PA before arriving in the Bronx for prayer meeting. There we were again met with hugs and abundant love before beginning worship and a time of prayer. And all I could think was, "Wow, the Spirit is at work in this place." This morning we had a delicious breakfast followed by some chill chat time. By tomorrow night we will be at my aunt and uncle's in Boston and by Saturday night I will be moved in to Mather house and my parents will be headed back home.
Speaking of my parents--they have been absolute troopers. I haven't had to drive a bit--but the only reason I haven't is because I have been learning :)...aka reading tons. I have finished four books in the past four days, and now I am on my last one--my lovely econ overview book. I read two chapters when I bought it...but still have 29 to go...oh joy. We shall see. But a fun one I read in honor of Harv football season coming up and a very exciting West Central football season that starts tomorrow night is "Football for Women" :). I now know where on the field a certain position is--before reading that, I gathered the QB, WRs, punters, kickers, and the other blatantly obvious positions, but otherwise...not a clue.
Enough rambling for me! Have a wonderful day and I will send some pictures and an update upon moving in. Should be pretty exciting. Oh and I will also post pictures of my little side project that was started at the beginning of the summer...later ;)
Much love!
O&O,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment