Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'm Here!!!

Well, here it is.

I'm in Boston, Massachusetts.

24 hours away from home.

And the next time I am scheduled to be back is Christmas.

Oh boy.

But for the day! First let me back up a little bit. This past week has been amazing. My family and I packed up the van and road-tripped 18 hours over to Washington D.C. to spend a few days with my super cool fascinating amazing brand new Uncle John and Auntie Margie and their four kids. We visited the National Art Institute, the Vietnam Memorial, and the Lincoln Memorial. The Lincoln Memorial was really something. The look in Lincoln's eyes...astounding.

After we left D.C. we drove up five hours to spend time with my parents' best friends in the whole world--the Bronx Household of Faith community. I have experienced no other place that has had so much love, friendship, and fellowship all in one place. A true blessing to be with those people, which is why, when it looked like a possibility I put the BHF prayer meeting on the calendar so that we could get "prayered" up for the big day...

Which is today! So here I am, 10:45 at night sitting in my dorm at my desk wondering how in the world I am going to make it through this week. Yet then again, I know Who has the world in his hands...and I am just a dot on the timeline on eternity (right Sunday preacher?)...sooo, off we go! I haven't been hit by a car yet, which is proof in and of itself that God has a plan for me!! ;)

Vocabulary/People to Know:
Proctor-dorm monitor, babysitter, counselor
PAF-peer advising fellow-a Harvy student that answers your questions and yet is still in your same generation :)
Wiggelsworth-my dorm
G-my entryway
Academic Advisor-the guy that is going to be answering a LOT of questions

Scott-my Academic Advisor and Proctor
George, Moira, and Brett-our PAFs
Kathy Delaney-Smith-my basketball head coach
Kelly and Bri-the assistant basketball coaches
Emma, Victoria, Elle, and Jasmine-my fellow freshmen teammates

That should be enough for now. Oh! My roommates:

Elana-from Romania-a math genius! for real! totally cool
Blythe-my roomie from Chicago (otherwise known as "Illinois" haha), very good roommate
Bonnie-from California, took a year off in China
Kaitlin-the hockey player, my buddy in early morning workouts and having the sports facilities as our second home

Thank you for all of the prayers and support during this time! It is very much appreciated and I look forward to keeping everyone updated on some of the craziness going on in life.

For now, it is past my tired stage so I am going to work on clearing off my bed. I hope to figure out how to download pictures onto here in the morning--someday at least :).

TGIF in 40 minutes!!!!

O&O

P.S. Please don't send anything...that wouldn't be...good...but I did want to go ahead and share my address because I would love to hear from people. I will say now though, life is going to be insanely busy and I apologize but I will more often than not, not reply...but I do truly and sincerely appreciate the gesture. And if you would like, imagine this as a letter back :)

Miriam Rutzen
2254 Harvard Yard Mail Center
Cambridge, MA 02138-7512

P.P.S. Knock 'em dead at the football game tomorrow night boys!!!! And go pep band and cheerleaders! Get those push up muscles ready, right?? ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Meme we will be following you on here and will be thinking of you. Enjoy yourself.

Frank Chris and Frankie