Saturday, February 25, 2017
Round 4 - Buckle Up for AFRICA!
Geranimo! Over the next month my travels will take me from Henderson County, Illinois, to Buea, Cameroon, Africa where I will be joining Rachael Allaman of Rozetta (West Central grad) as she teaches at Destiny and Hope Academy. Mainly tasked with providing physical education classes to the Pre K-3rd grade level students during my stay, I will also join in other activities such as volunteering at the local orphanage, cooking at a bake shop (to be more accurate I will be a fantastic dish washer!), and working with literacy programs (yes, in English). This will be Continent #6 and, on the whole, a place I have always dreamed of going to visit. Prayers are appreciated as we spend time living with and loving on the children in this area of the world. My bags are packed (thank you Mom!) and my parents are sleeping soundly in preparation for our mini roadtrip up to Chicago O'Hare airport tomorrow to catch my 4:30pm flight. After about 24 hours of total travel time including a layover in Paris, I will arrive in Douala at around 5:00pm. Then the adventures will begin! Here's to taking one day at a time and remembering my rules:
#1 Flexibility,
#2 Don't overextend, and
#3 Enjoy the moments!
Peace, love, and blessings,
M :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment