Hello dear friends and family!! Wow, this blog brings back memories! In many ways I am starting right where I left off...only skipping over two years of experiences and stories from my time as the Director of Basketball Operations for the University of Colorado. Someday maybe I will share some stories from my Colorado adventure, but for now we will start the next chapter. Writing from Lorrach, Germany I bring you the "Adventure Chronicles". Stories of people, places, and experiences throughout my year as I travel around the world knocking out continents one round at a time. May you find encouragement and enjoyment in the tales that follow. Thank you for thinking of and praying for me as I take a few laps around the world! :)
An Introduction to the Adventure Chronicles
Exhortation: to run alongside, encourage
Exhortation acts as my umbrella word for this year's adventures. Vacation, missions trips, work projects...call them what you will. For me? This is a year full of adventures and exhortation is the theme. What a joy privilege honor and responsibility it is to be connected with the people and organizations God has placed in my life. A joy because the connections often become lifelong family, a privilege because it is an unique and wonderful blessing to show up on a doorstep and be welcomed with open arms, an honor because the leaders and families I have worked with and continue to meet along the way are salt of the earth as they strive to make the world around them a better place while preaching and teaching about the Gospel of Christ, and a responsibility because as a member of their team in whatever capacity throughout my travels I also become a spokesperson for their individual missions.
That's the introduction to these Adventure Chronicles because I want to give you fair warning: you will soon start to feel the same way. I hope and pray that however you feel led to encourage and support the organizations and families I share about during my travels, it will bring you as much joy as visiting them on the front lines has for me. Thank you already for your prayers and support as I journey around the world this year. It took a village to raise me--a few of them actually--and it looks like it's taking a world network to keep me on track through young adulthood--I couldn't be more thankful that is the case.
I invite you to join me on these adventures, learning about the various places and people I will come across in my travels, loving them, praying for them, and supporting them in whatever ways seem fit. May you be blessed and encouraged by the stories you hear...for I share them out of an abundance of joy and blessing they have already been in my life.
Here's to an exciting year my friends,
In Him,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment