Dear Friends and Family,
August 11th - Return home from Germany, arrive in Moline, drive to Grace Bible Church to speak at Sunday evening service about the trip
August 12th - Have breakfast with my Uncle Jack and Aunt Virginia, resign officially from West Central, run around the school and say hello and goodbye to friends and colleagues at registration day, enjoy a little family get together with friends
August 13th - Pack up the car with clothes and shoes, head on the road with Mom and Dad, road trip out to Boulder, Colorado to start my new job as the Director of Basketball Operations for the University of Colorado Women's Basketball Program under the direction of Head Coach Linda Lappe (a former stand out athlete, and CU Basketball player, from Winfield-Mt. Union, Iowa).
....
September 7th - WOW. Full time job, busy schedule, settling in, organizing life, putting together a highlight video from the trip...it's been a whirlwind. But a fun one thanks to the people. I want to start off this post with expressing my deepest gratitude to my parents, Doug and Anita Rutzen, who have supported me with so much love and prayer over the past year as I sought to play overseas, failed to accomplish my goal, and tried to figure out how to best spend my time while in that holding pattern. Without their constant love and support, there is no way I would have been able to live in the moment like I needed to throughout this--what I see in retrospect especially--incredible year of being and living with such dear friends and family back home. Then they supported me through all of the basketball camps and traveling, and lifted me up in prayer as the opportunity came up to take this position at CU. THANK YOU. To the moon and back a million times, you two are so special and I am so BLESSED to call you my Mom and Dad.
I also want to give a special thank you to my dear friend and News Release co-coach Joya Whittington--without your prayer, accountability check ins, encouragement, and support, I would have not gained nearly as much as I did out of this past year and even this past month. THANK YOU for your consistent friendship and challenging questions. I am so thankful to have you as a Sister in Christ.
And to my new co-workers on the staff at CU--thanks to all of you, I know without a doubt this decision was the right one. THANK YOU for accepting me and bringing me into the CU family with open arms. Here's to a great adventure together!
Now, what to say about my 2014 NRB experience? Words can hardly express what an amazing learning and growth experience it was for me. Returning to familiar places, exploring new ones...I am so thankful I was free to go on this month-long journey to teach basketball, share Jesus, and minister to those around us. How awesome is it that through basketball camp, Jesus is able to bring children into His family? And how precious it was to pray the prayer of acceptance with one girl in particular while in Germany and then see her continued questions about the Bible and what she was reading after I had left. SHE has changed my life for the better and I am incredibly grateful to have the opportunity for relationships like that. There were challenges during the trips as well as victories--but as I look back to a month ago, the most profound take away for me is this great sense of PEACE. I was fully trusting by faith that God had a purpose for me over there and as he daily taught me to let go of my grip on what I wanted He also daily blessed me with unbelievably GOOD GIFTS. Our God is a Holy God, He is our Creator, our Savior, our Heavenly Father--what GREAT GIFTS HE GIVES! As long as we have our hands open to receive them. The prayer warriors covering me as I traveled and taught in Europe can know without a doubt, I was taken care of and God taught me lasting lessons. I will be forever grateful for the time I had this past summer in Europe and I only pray that those relationships will continue to bring fruit in the years to come, regardless of distance in time or space.
My hope and prayer is that the write ups from during the trip and this video will be an encouragement and blessing to you. This may be cliche, but my life continues to prove to me the validity of who knows what the future may hold, but I know Who holds the future. And there is a blessed assurance in that. Watch the video, stay in touch, and God Bless--live the adventure God has for you, wherever you are and know that you are EXACTLY where He wants you to be right this moment. Live in abundant joy.
NRB Tour 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Vw2c3NHm0&feature=em-upload_owner
Now we are switching colors from Harvard Crimson, to CU Buffaloes Black and Gold!! Here is a link to the non-conference schedule (they are still ironing out the PAC-12 schedule): http://www.cubuffs.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=600&SPID=258&SPSID=3909
Can't wait to get some FANS out at the game Sunday, December 7th at 2pm at the University of Iowa!!!!! I have no doubt my hometown community will rep well ;) for one thing, I already made a bet with Coach Lappe that my hometown community will beat her hometown community in showing out--don't let me down!! :)
Much love, many hugs, and so many thanks to all of you who continue to encourage, support, and lift me up in prayer. It is a wonderful thing to be wrapped up in such an incredible network of friends and family. Here's to a great Westward adventure!!
O&O,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment