Saturday, July 12, 2014

NRB Tour 2014 - Day 1: Travel!

Hello from Zagreb, Croatia as I wait for my bus to arrive to take me to Slavonski Brod. Traveling went really well--thank you for the prayers! Flights were all relatively smooth, layovers were the perfect balance of not too short, but also not too long. AND the biggest evidence of prayers heard and answered, Mom and I had me packed by 12:45 pm for a 6:30 pm flight departure!!! THAT IS UNHEARD OF and definitely sets a new packing record that I doubt will ever be broken. I was looking through my journal last year and we finished packing ohhhhh about just in time to get in the car and rush to the airport. Now I will say, it's all my fault. Every time. Mom is the best packer in the whole world; I'm the best procrastinator ;).

Mom, Dad, and I traveled home from an incredible few days up at Driftwood Lodge, Lake Kabetogama, MN on Wednesday evening, pulling in the driveway around midnight. That left about 42 hours at home. Grabbed lunch with some good friends and mentors, swam with another dear friend, cleaned, packed, ran errands, and even had some down time to spare. I left Moline last night around 6:30 pm, departed Chicago around 9 pm, and with the time change, add in about 13 hours of travel and I'm back to 6:30 pm Croatia time. My computer tells me it's 11:30 am...thank you Lord that I am not super messed up by time changes. After a two hour bus ride, I will finally be in SB and meet up with the Bless team from the UK and Pastor Darko and his family, our hosts.

Random fun fact: they play American music all over the place here, but commercials are in Croatian. BUT the background music to the commercials is often in English...weird. But it makes it kind of nice :)

For a refresher on SB, check out the first five minutes of the video I put together on last year's tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Caihw6360mg

Final note, if you would still like to "join the team" by providing financial support, please know that contributions are accepted all the way through until my return to the States in mid-August. Go to www.nrbasketball.org/support --any amount is a huge help. I am still about $800 short of my fundraising goal of $3500 and I am trusting in God's provision to bring in the funds. Any extra funds spillover to the NRB organization to be used to help other women on the basketball tour (the third part of my trip) to pay for their costs. I promise all funds are going to an incredible relational mission that makes a lasting difference!!

Time to go catch my bus! Thank you so much for your prayers!!

O&O,

M

No comments: