Thursday, May 22, 2014

And I'm Back!

After returning home from Europe fully intending on leaving to head back at any moment, the fact that the last eight months have been spent back home working at my former high school makes me feel like I have lived through a time warp. Days, weeks, months passed while I waited to get picked up by a team but the call never came. At times I was a very grouchy person to be around (according to my mom), but thankfully God chipped away at my stubbornness and bitterness, and I can honestly say I have truly enjoyed my time in the area. For one thing, I was able to give my car Goldie some much needed TLC and now she's going stronger than ever--wellll...she has a lot of what I would call "character" but she gets me from Point A to Point B :).

Due to the dormant state of my blog and my contributions to other public venue updates during this past year, I decided to create a newsletter to recap the year. The PDF version of this newsletter can be viewed here: "What's Next?"

Going into this summer I will be updating this blog weekly as I travel from one destination to the next. As always, your prayers for wisdom and guidance are appreciated and I look forward to what lies ahead.

For this week, it's wrapping up the school year, helping out with elementary field day, and getting ready for my cousin Eric's wedding in Des Moines this weekend. The evenings will start filling up with little kids softball and baseball, and then it will be time for West Central Heat Youth Basketball Camp! Here's to a fantastic summer!

O&O,

M

No comments: