Thursday, September 12, 2013

September Update

Hello from the cornfields of Illinois...still. The past month has been a major exercise in patience and trust. Since arriving back home from the missions trip in Croatia and Germany, followed by family vacation in Minnesota (which was wonderful time spent with my dad's side of the family), I have been living one day at a time, hoping to still receive an offer to play basketball overseas. There have been times of intense frustration and disappointment, other times of fear and anxiety, and yet other times where I am living in a happy blissful day dream of an extended summer. To keep my mind off of worrying about what may or may not happen with my pro ball hopes and dreams, I have created never-ending checklists of things to do...

1. Clean. Clean. And clean some more. This included unpacking from college, putting away high school graduation boxes still in the dining room, and finally putting 8th grade promotion and junior high "antiques" away in storage. Mom was very pleased :). On a more somber note, we also tackled cleaning David's room. That was harder than I thought it would be--even after seven years. A friend came over and helped me yank out some bushes and do some yard work which was a huge help. Nearly everything is cleared away, except I can't seem to get the dining room table completely clean...ahh well, it's always nice to have a home that looks lived in :).

2. Goldie. My Pontiac Grand Am needs to go :(. I took her in for a check up the other day and she needed a major brake job. She now has some lovely new brakes and now I just need someone else to take her. I am never around home long enough to use her. If you know of anyone looking for a relatively cheaper car to buy that has some "character", let me know!

3. Dad. Dad has been working tirelessly in preparation for his art show at the Buchanan Center in Monmouth. The show opens in November and stays up through December 6th. While he paints, I have helped touch up his new website: www.douglasrutzenlineofsight.com . The other night one of his paintings was featured in the 64 Fine Arts Show hosted at the Buchanan Center. I am really proud of his hard work and can't wait to see (if not in person, then in photos) what his own show looks like in a couple of months!

4. Post-Missions Trip Funness. And the latest big project was putting together a video recap to send out to my supporters as a thank you and to help share the joy and memories from that trip. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Caihw6360mg . Reflecting back on that trip and my summer in general can be overwhelming at times--what an incredible summer. Graduation, Colorado, Croatia, Germany, Minnesota, and slices of home in between that included softball and baseball games, basketball lessons, parties, weddings, and movie nights. It's been a whirlwind for sure and I am so thankful for the prayers and support of friends and family that have kept me from getting lost in the midst of it all!

So there's a mini update...not much has changed. I still don't know where I will be a week or a month from today, but I suppose that reality is the same situation we all face. God is teaching me a front line lesson on patience and trust...I always say He's got it...now I need to trust that fully.

Here's to a lovely September and enjoying each day for what it brings! May the Lord bless you and keep you and make his face shine upon you and give you PEACE!

O&O,

M

No comments: