Two weeks left in my final fall semester! 1 game at Boston University, 1 final paper, 3 final exams, and 1 trip home to spend some blessed Christmas time with my Illinois and Minnesota families!
My apologies for the lack of updates during the month of November!! Between visitors, basketball games, Harvard-Yale football weekend, and our Thanksgiving trip to play in Michigan that included a visit from Mom and Dad, the month was quite hectic. (Although in the past week I've managed to squeeze in watching the Batman trilogy...pretty good if I do say so myself.) A more detailed update to come, but for now, here are some of the highlights:
Basketball-We are 7-2! I'll take that for a start, although the two losses do not sit very well. We lost to North Dakota State University and University of Michigan. For more information on our games check out gocrimson.com. The biggest headline for basketball so far though is this: we are one fun group of women :). I love and adore my team. Even on days off we are kept laughing by the team text chain that goes around. The energy, laughter, and dancing--that makes even the tough days completely worth it. We have one more game in December--next Monday at Boston University. Then we have practice practice practice until our super fantastic trip to San Diego to play in a tournament right after Christmas!! I cannot wait--a little California sunshine just before the New Year? I'm definitely a fan :).
School-Almost done with the fall semester! And that means only one semester left after that to cap off my undergrad college career! Crazy. I have a final paper and three final exams during this two week home stretch...Lord have mercy. I can say that I know more about politics than ever before thanks to my presidency class. The grind of the finals this semester may perhaps rank has the toughest one I've had yet, but thankfully I have friends in all my classes--that makes staying on task for studying much easier.
Life-CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 8TH GRADE GIRLS BASKETBALL TEAM ON MAKING IT TO STATE!!! I am so proud of those girls and am very thankful to know that they are even better individual people than just athletes. I love seeing the community rally around them and give them support as they make some history! :) My room is clean, my Christmas break plans include staying home and baking cookies with Mom, and I'll get to catch a couple basketball games over break--other than that prayers for all of us students as we finish off the semester would be sincerely and greatly appreciated!
Happy December and have a wonderful day!!
O&O,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment