Monday, June 4, 2012

June Update

The grand finale update of the end of the school year...finally! :) I'll put the updates by category and try to keep it pretty sweet and simple.

1) Home-I'm home sweet home back in good old Henderson County. I finished off my school year by riding the bus with Dad and going back to my elementary teachers' classrooms. The 5th grade talent show was quite the riot. Mom and Dad are doing very well. Mom is keeping us all in line and Dad is really taking advantage of the opportunities that have come available to him to utilize his talents and abilities with his artwork. I will add a couple pictures of my favorite paintings below. I am looking forward to our family trip up to Minnesota to see the family up there again. A week ago I was on vacation in Florida, and that was quite the trip. It was truly an adventure, including swimming across a small channel on our search for sand dollars. We found a nice amount of sand dollars but it seemed like we found even more sting rays! The rest of the summer will consist of basketball lessons with kids, a couple of trips, occasional evenings of relaxation with the rents, and a lot of working out and shooting to get ready for senior year. All in all, a great summer lies ahead.

2) Basketball-The biggest update in the Harv basketball world right now is that one of our players, Temi Fagbenle, who will be a sophomore next year, has made the 14-roster Great Britain U-20 OLYMPIC team!! The final Olympic roster will hold 12 individuals, but they have to play in a few various tournaments first. There is an extremely high possibility that she will be playing in the Olympics in London this summer--soooo cool!! On the sad side of the basketball world, my assistant coach who was in charge of the forwards has left Harv to be the recruiting coordinator for Colorado University. We are all very very sad to lose her, but it will be an amazing opportunity for her and in that sense, everyone is happy for her...but it is still very sad. Otherwise, it's just staying consistent with lifting, shooting, and conditioning--we have a very big year ahead!

3) Academics-So crazy to be planning for my FINAL year at Harv! People always ask what year I am in school and answering that I am a senior feels very bizarre. The time went by much faster than I ever would have expected in so many ways. What an adventure it has been and will continue to be this year. We are already supposed to start picking out our classes in a pre-term planning format--yikes. My degree will include a major in psychology with a minor in sociology. The other big question of the summer has been what my plans are after college, and to that I basically say, "We shall see!" Who knows for sure where I will go next or in what direction. All I know is that God is good and that he has quite the adventure planned--and I am game for the ride.

4) Life-is good. Highly highly recommend that you add "We Bought a Zoo" to your summer movie watching list. Definitely made it into my top 10 all time favorite movies. My lovely best friend who I grew up with in my church, Mary O, is not doing so well. She has always been like a grandma to me and it has been very sad to watch as she begins to slip away. The incredible gift and blessing in my life that she has been and continues to be will never be forgotten, and I will cherish my moments with her this summer.

Well, I think that about covers it. The end of my junior ended a little more emotionally than I predicted, but I did pass all of my classes...doing pretty well actually, and I am thrilled to be a part of my team and my Harv community going into this next year. Enjoy every moment--that was the lesson I learned this past year--the best thing I can do is apply it to all of my years ahead.

God bless, watch the sunrises and sunsets if you get a chance, and love on your family members. There is nothing quite as wonderful as strong lively relationships with loved ones.

O&O,

M



No comments: