Sunday, April 15, 2012

1 Month Left of Junior Year! ...Yikes!

I think every spring it gets just a little bit harder to say goodbye. The relationships have grown a little stronger, the comfortableness level is a several notches higher, and the reality of the college undergrad experience coming to a close looms ever closer. BUT rather than get too caught up in that, I have learned over the past year to simply take one day at a time and love on the people I interact with along the way. 

Some quick updates with a post-junior year reflection to come sometime in May...

School: Physical science class here is NOT my forte--lesson learned. So I'll study much more diligently (maybe) for the final exam and pass the class. Sometimes that is all that is required...a passing grade. Sociological theory--it is not a complete drain and I am fascinated by the topics we discuss and the life questions we attempt to tackle. Who knew a theory class would turn out to be my favorite class of the semester? For my Letters class I am making a video on Civil War letters written by my great-grandfather! That will be an interesting project to complete and another opportunity to learn about my family history. It really is a gift to know one's family history--I hadn't really grasped that until this year. So many stories to be discovered along the way. In conclusion :)...one final exam, one final project, one final paper, and one final analysis left until I am finished with my academic year!

Basketball: Post-season meetings have taken place, spring skill session workouts have been going full steam ahead, and of course, Frazier is molding us into tanks of muscle :). We had our team banquet the other night and awards were given out. Most Valuable Player-Brogan Berry (first Ivy League player ever in history to score over 1400 points and dish out 500 assists), Most Improved Player-Emma Golen, Best Defensive Player-yours truly, and Harvard PRIDE Award-Lindsay Louie. Emma Golen and I were also elected as captains to fill the shoes of Brogan and Lindsay as they graduate this May.

Life: is good :). Easter with the birthfam in Rhinebeck, NY, climbing mountains and giggling in sleeping bags; cheering on Miss Lindsay at fashion shows; hanging out with my team; enjoying Boston in the spring. It's good.

And only one more month to soak it all up and make the best of it! Have a wonderful week! Enjoy the spring! And pray for efficiency and productivity in the studying of all those with finals coming up!

O&O,

M

No comments: