Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Last Three Home Games!

It is hard to believe we are coming up to the last three home games of the season. We are still in a race for second place against Yale, but as long as we take care of our business we should be good to go. Princeton has won the title outright again. That leaves a bitter taste, but that's the game of basketball for you. Next year will be here soon enough. I am in no rush to get through the here and now.

We have two seniors on the team: Brogan Berry and Lindsay Louie. I think partly because we didn't have a senior class my freshmen year and because their class is small, it is hard for me to imagine our team without them. It feels like they are basically a part of our class and always going to be around. I also don't want to think about being a senior yet, so needless to say, enjoying the moment has been my go to these past few weeks. This weekend is family weekend as we take on Columbia and Cornell. Then we will wrap up the regular season with Dartmouth on Tuesday night. After that we wait until we hear about WNIT scheduling. But one practice, one game at a time. We have to take care of business first.

School is going well, summer will be here before I know it, and it is snowing. Other than that, with each day comes a schedule and a to-do list. I have a few dear elderly friends that are battling cancer and would appreciate your prayers for them. With reading a lot of social theory and just thinking about the future, it really makes me think about what is truly valuable in life. No matter what I do or where I end up, it is the relationships that really really mean something. No material thing can make up for a person. And I would say that is a good lesson to learn.

I'll keep it short and sweet this time. Here's to Leap Day, the month of March, and winning the next three games!

O&O,

M

No comments: