Since I'm on a role with the fish pictures, I figured I better go ahead and post this one :). His name is Walter and he was a 19", 4 pound smallmouth bass, compliments of Lake Kabetogama, Minnesota.
Vacation from July 1-July 13 pretty much could not have gone better. It was the best break I have had in five years (literally). Turned off my computer and my cell phone midnight of July 1 and didn't turn them back on until the 13th. I read about seven books during that time period, watched World Cup soccer games, went fishing, played Uno, ate homemade ice cream, ran a 5k race (in 23:05--much improved from freshmen year cross country!), laughed and giggled, slept and relaxed my entire way through a good old fashioned Northern Minnesota vacation.
Mom, Dad, and I started out the trip picking up my Grandma in the Twin Cities and visiting her old stomping grounds where she grew up and went to school in Milaca, Minnesota. Then we meandered up to Ely and enjoyed my favorite place for memories and vacations--the Boundary Water Canoe Area. A little shopping, church going, visiting former neighbors and past resorts, and a few card games later, we drove on over to Lake Kabetogama to visit Driftwood Resort for the 4th of July fireworks show. This year was a little different with the fireworks show coming out of the heavens--lightning and thunder. Which really, when you get to watch a storm come up and move across an entire lake from a screened in porch, is almost as good as actual fireworks. My mom, dad, and grandma, then headed back towards Orr and then back to the cities, leaving me up at the resort to hang out with friends and family there for the next week and a half. It was a much needed time of relaxation, meditation, and time to simply enjoy God's creation and the many blessings he has given me and my family.
Wednesday I flew home and yesterday I was back to the "office" with basketball lessons. This weekend I'll be watching the World Cup--GO USA!!!--and enjoying a little time to clean my room without any serious agenda. Then the rest of the week will be trying not to melt in the mid-90 degree weather and enjoying the Henderson County Fair in Stronghurst. All in all, it is turning out to be an excellent summer.
And now to start buckling my seatbelt for the next one...it looks like globetrotting galore. Cameroon in June, Europe in August, and who knows what else in between! Hard to believe this year will be my junior year, but I have a very good feeling it is going to be a fun one :).
Take care, God bless, and enjoy your summer!
O&O,

1 comment:
Oh Walter. What a great name! :)
Post a Comment