Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"Beauty Will Rise"

I have grown up listening to Steven Curtis Chapman my whole life as he has always been a favorite of my parents. When his little girl died in an accident I remember the grief we all felt for him and his family. His songs have always been a source of hope and encouragement throughout my life, but I think not one has made quite the difference to me as his "Beauty Will Rise" song written after his daughter's death. I had never heard the song until this week when my aunt told me about it. Now I can't stop listening to it. Maybe it is because I hear the hope he has despite losing a dearly loved child and I think of my brother, or perhaps the image that beauty will rise and people will dance among the ruins in Japan just boggles my mind when I think of my cousin Andy dealing with the crisis their daily, or just maybe it is because it feels like a song from the very inner parts of my heart. Whatever it is, I wanted to share this song with you. May it be as much of a blessing to you as it has been to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJynET3b3PM

O&O,

M

P.S. And yes, it did snow in Boston yesterday...sweet. ;)

No comments: