Remember when I mentioned I had cooked up some fun summer plans? Well check this out:
(it will look different from the flyer because it didn't upload correctly, but all of the information is still what you want to see--and I promise the display is much better in person :) )
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AdI1JbSPv-GQZGd2c2Rwd2dfNmZndjd4MmM5&hl=en
(And yes, it is an invitation open to anyone who wants to participate--or anyone's young ladies. The sessions are taken up on first come, first serve basis. If I don't answer when you call, leave me a message and I will get back to you!)
Now, I have started passing them out and organizing the sign up sheet--which is where the real excitement comes in. If you have never heard of gmail before, I STRONGLY recommend you check it out! It is the coolest thing. Not only can you filter all of your email addresses you have accumulated to one email without the sender changing a thing, but you can also share documents including spreadsheets, presentations, word documents, and more. AND--this is my personal favorite--you can create forms that can be filled in and the data compiled online! Paper? Who needs it? This is amazing! For example, for scheduling sessions for this summer I have created a spreadsheet in GoogleDocs. By sending people the link via email, they can open the document, type in their name in the time slots they want for each week, and vwhalaa (or however you spell that haha), they are done. I can see all of the changes and edit them and others can see the changes that have been made immediately after they are finished. The form I created can be sent via email as well and all of the responses come back to me right when you are done (process tested by my mom). It is reallllllly cool.
Anyway, I survived the Af Am Midterm fairly unscathed and turned in my final paper on time. I have mapped out the next month, and cannot believe we only have SIX weeks left! As crazy as that is, there is still PLENTY of work to do.
It was absolutely amazing to get back home for Easter weekend. It can be so therapeutic to just SEE people and hug them. The funny thing is, I thought the manure scenario was a once-a-year deal...not so much when they use it for fertilizer for the grass out here--yuck.
I hope you have a wonderful day! Tomorrow (meaning today since it is midnight) is supposed to be GORGEOUS! 80 degrees and sunny--ooooo lala.
Much love and smiles to all!
O&O,
M
P.S. The love, honor, and faith challenge. Cliff's Notes version: 1) love-love those around you with 1 Corinthians 13 love-patient, kind, forgiving wrongs, etc. and do it consistently, 2) honor-honor others with your words and thoughts, whether they are in your presence or not-build them up, don't knock them down-sarcasm can often do more harm than we think, and 3) faith-faith is the absence of doubt, worry is the absence of faith-remember Who is in control, do what you can, but do not worry about what you cannot change! This is the challenge I realized I needed to take on over Easter Break. On each of those points I found I measured up way below the standard I often found myself holding others to. If you wish to join me, I would appreciate your prayers--and I will be praying for you as well!
P.P.S. SIX WEEKS! :) Nope, I'm not excited to go home at all haha. But...I must admit...I am going to miss it. This place, the busyness, but most importantly the people--living without my teammates and roommates for 14 weeks is going to soooo weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment