Dear friends, family, and readers,
Just a couple of highlights, but mainly photos--these two weeks out here in Boulder have been great. Always a joy to see old friends and make new ones!
- The people. This is the third year I have participated as a coach in the youth basketball camps at the University of Colorado and it was the best one yet. Familiar places, familiar faces, and understanding how to take care of business made the past ten days fly by with ease. Not too much sleep, but plenty of fun moments to treasure :). We just finished up Little Dribblers Boys' Camp today: 100 little 5-8 year old kiddos, 10 coaches, 1 commissioner (me), and 1 main director from the Men's Basketball staff to start and finish the day. From 8 am (7:30 am for many of them!) until 12 pm, Monday-Thursday, those boys played TONS of basketball! And loved it :). Prior to this week I worked the girls' basketball camp, this year I was with the 3rd-5th graders. Let's just say each day we improved!
- The view. Wow. Sometimes words and photos just do not do it justice. Simply enjoy.
- The families. I love families :). Special friends of my parents from the Bronx have lived out in Colorado for quite some time and it was a delight to catch up with them over dinner. So many of the parents that bring their kids to these camps are also very very special and it was a joy to meet many of them even if only briefly.
Enjoy the photos! I'd ask that you keep the big News Release trip in your prayers--funding is continuing to grow, but it's not there yet. Flight reservations have been made to get me over to Europe and around to my different locations from July 11th-August 17th. I am thrilled to be returning and incredibly thankful to the many people that are making this trip a possibility!
A huge "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!" to the PeeWee Baseball boys! What a great summer of baseball! Gladstone took the win, but only after a hard fought battle with Oquawka--Way to Fight!!
Last night it worked out to meet up with my Uncle John and cousin Cameron at Denver International Airport as they headed out to drop Cam off at the Air Force Academy. It is always a blessing to see family :) no matter how brief! I'll never forget my official visit to AFA and flying in a quarter-million dollar flight simulator...or all of the freshmen cadets marching around only on the stone part of the sidewalk in their uniforms. Cam will LOVE it ;) of that I am sure!
Here's to continuing to enjoy the moments!
M
 |
| View flying into Denver. |
 |
| My "Ohio State Family" team. |
 |
| Huddle up! |
 |
| Team building with the flat irons in the background. |
 |
| Best campus photo I've captured in three years! Eeearrrrly morning walk. |
 |
| Rockies vs. Cardinals (Rockies won!!) |
 |
| Cam's last fast food splurge for awhile! |
 |
| Cadet Cam and proud father, Uncle John. |
 |
| "Sly Brothers" from camp. |
 |
| "The Sweater" from camp |
 |
| "Super George" from camp. |
 |
| Running wild in Balch :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment