Sunday, March 24, 2013

One word. GRATITUDE. 

How very very deeply and sincerely thankful I am for the past four years I have had on the Harvard University Women's Basketball Team. When I made my decision four and a half years ago to attend and play for Harvard, I based my decision on three characteristics. Of the colleges my family and I were considering, I wanted the school that provided the best education possible, the opportunity to be a part of a winning tradition, and most importantly, a team and coaching staff that provided a family-support system. 

Four and a half years later, I would make the same decision one million times over. There have been times of hardship, confusion, loss, frustration; times of joy, elation, goofiness, and laughter; times of sorrow, pain, and tears. But, through it ALL, my HWBB family walked right by my side. Our hopes of winning the Ivy League Title and playing in the NCAA tournament did not come true. But we did one heck of a job getting second place: undefeated on our home court, a 21-9 overall record, advancing to the second round of the WNIT, breaking Princeton's 33-Ivy League game winning streak in front of a packed house, and sweeping the League in the second round of play. I could not be more proud of how hard our team has worked to get where we are today, and to finish how we finished last night. We set high goals for ourselves and we worked hard to achieve them...and at times we fell short. But we never gave up. And for that I am ALWAYS proud to hold my head high as a member of HWBB. 

What happens next? I am not entirely sure. Right now? I enjoy March Madness with my teammates, I continue to soak in the moments of this unbelievable college experience, and I pray. A lot. For discernment on what God has in store for the next step. 

Thank you thank you thank you a thousand times over for all of the love, support, and prayers of friends and family all across the country over the past four years. How abundantly blessed I am through those God has placed in my life. It has been and will continue to be an adventure, and while this chapter may come to a conclusion in the next few months, the foreshadowing of what is to come is already in the works. 

God is Good. All the time. Over and over He has proven His steadfastness. What an amazing God, that we can call Him Abba Father. 

Be blessed, continue to embrace each moment, and love. Love abundantly on those around you.

O&O,

M

No comments: