LIFE is GRRRRRREEEEAAAATTTT here in the great land of Illinois! Ten reasons why (short, I promise!):
- slobbery sticky popsicle kisses
- holding hands with my boy Preston and having him tell me, "I love you" with a wicked grin (he's 7)
- catching a 24" walleye up on a lake in Northern Minnesota to celebrate Memorial Day
- riding the school bus my dad drives every day to school, hitting up the elementary, junior high, and high school in relatively fair shares (including playing with the elementary kiddos--especially first grade--at their field day!!!!)
- being my very own DOBO (what Harv's Stroutie is...sorta) - except I'm Director of Base Operations - for the little boys' (and some girls') baseball team--aka I stand at first base and try not to die as each little pre-k/kindergartner/1st grader turns to me with the biggest most adorable grins and try to figure out which direction is second base
- lying down in the middle of the road in one of the nearby towns...just because I could
- watching the sunrise and sunset on the horizon as the beautiful colors stream in my bedroom windows in the morning and my kitchen windows at night (up at 6ish am--oh yeah, farmer time...)
- working out... :)
- spending my evenings watching baseball and softball games, cheering the various Brent kids that are running around (as in I told my team to start mentally preparing to get introduced to everyone in my county at the Iowa tourny...)
- and my favorite, a little shout out to Goldie my gold Pontiac Grand Am--coasting down the road at 60 mph for 30 minutes to get wherever I want to go, windows down (A/Cs broken), music on, and the various dents, scratches, rumblings, clicking, and sputterings officially letting me know I'm back to Home Sweet Home :)
As for "work", I am doing a bit of ACT tutoring! Who'duh thought? My Reaching for the S.T.A.R.S. Basketball Academy lessons for girls 4th-12th grade start the end of June, then we get a week off for the 4th of July, and then back on for five weeks. Annnnd I'll probably do a little baby-sitting, a little shed painting, and a little running around in the woods in the mean time.
Someone asked me if it was good to be back. Yes. It is always good to be back, but simultaneously, I must admit I was envisioning yesterday what design I should paint on my body for the football games while I was riding my lawn mower around and watching the sunset. Here's to learning something new every day, giggling, making someone smile, and loving each day we have. HWBB 11-12 So freakin' EXCITED! And SUMMER 2011, So far so Great ;)
Someone asked me if it was good to be back. Yes. It is always good to be back, but simultaneously, I must admit I was envisioning yesterday what design I should paint on my body for the football games while I was riding my lawn mower around and watching the sunset. Here's to learning something new every day, giggling, making someone smile, and loving each day we have. HWBB 11-12 So freakin' EXCITED! And SUMMER 2011, So far so Great ;)
O&O,

No comments:
Post a Comment