Sunday, February 13, 2011

There is a first time for everything...

Sometimes it will be the first time in one's life, sometimes it will be the first time in a really long time, and sometimes it will be the first time since the last time.

Sometimes it will be good first things. Sometimes it will be not so good first things.

Firsts that have occurred most recently in my life:
- first time I have suffered an injury that has sidelined me from playing in a game
- first time I have broken a bone (spiral fracture of my index metacarpal bone in my right hand--my extended hand collided with a girl's forehead in the Penn game last weekend--I've been out since after the game)
- first time I have worn a cast
- first time HWBB has lost to Yale in 3 years
- first time HWBB has lost to Brown in 7 years
- first time HWBB has lost back to back Ivy games since 1998

BUT this is not the first time I or my team has faced adversity. This is not the first time we have fallen down and asked ourselves what we are made of and gotten back up. This is not the first time we have grown as individuals and as basketball players by learning from our wins and our losses. And this is not the first time or the last time that we will lay it all out for the rest of the season and fight for our title as Ivy Champions.

Then, for the first time, this HWBB 10-11 team will play in the NCAA tournament. And for the first time in a long time HWBB might just walk off the Dance floor with a nice little W in our back pocket.

There is a first time for everything...so let's dance.

O&O,

M

P.S. Prayers for my cousin Sarah and her trip to India.
P.P.S. Prayers for our team and coaching staff to feel healthy, refreshed, and rested, and to bounce back from a tough weekend. Prayers for strength and healing in my hand, and wisdom for me, the doctors, and the coaches for when I can come back to play.

No comments: