Thursday, October 14, 2010

Yes Ma'am!!

Business first?

Nahhhhh...





Now that's what I call having a fun time :). I'm in love with our Class of 2013 pics!!! Just a reminder (left to right): Jasmine Evans-California, Emma "Maude" Golen-Michigan, Victoria Lippert-California, Me :), and Elle Hagedorn-Philly, PA. *Fab Five*
I won't go through everyone on the team, but some new faces are Jonah (volunteer assistant), Missy Traversi (guard coach), and our freshmen-Marissa (Washington, D.C.), Melissa (Canada), Elise (California), and Christine "Clarkie" (Arizona).

First official practice on Friday!!! Let the games begin...in a month!!! :)

Exactly 15 days until my 20th birthday. Weeeeeiiiiirrrrd. I'm excited though because there is a small chance that I will get to go to a Celtics game that night!! I've never been to an NBA game before--could be pretty exciting.

So business...let's see. Today I had a midterm (my only one, hallelujah!) for my organizational psych class. A new mode of group learning was used: our project group for the class became a study group and we created a google doc study guide. Really really cool. We split up the 20 questions and filled in our answers, met last night to discuss, and continued to add and adjust all the way up to the exam this morning. It was really helpful and useful because while we were meeting everyone was literally able to type simultaneously on the google doc, while to the other extent, only one person had to make an update to the notes while we were discussing and we could all see the changes immediately! It was a pretty neat way to learn and very valuable for future reference.

I'm turning in an annotated bibliography and thesis for my psych sophomore tutorial paper on facebook. After watching the Social Network and Catfish, facebook and online privacy in general has me a tad paranoid. The amount of information it is possible to pull up is a bit frightening and something I realize I need to be more cautious about. Of course, it would be possible to swing to the other extreme and completely cut oneself off from the internet networking world, but I don't think that's a very good solution. For now, I will just continue to be much more cognizant of what I am writing on the internet for many eyes to see and limiting my amount of time on facebook reading what other people have written.

Ancient Novels, a.k.a. 3rd century BC soap opera class, is going well. I did go to the 1931 Greek movie of Daphnis and Chloe-subtitles were even in Greek (but don't worry, we had a print out). It was my first "silent" movie--accompanied by an alto flute. Pretty neat experience.

Along the lines of the arts, this Saturday there is going to be a really great Harvard a capella jam that I will be attending. I'm really excited! :)

Oh, and...this past weekend was amazing...snuck home, jumped in the lake, ran around in shorts and a t-shirt (as compared to jeans and a sweatshirt that I have on now), wrestled with kids, got slobbered on by dogs, tickled, giggled, laughed, hugged, and caught up with a few people. For those I missed seeing, all is well out here and I hope and pray the same is true for you! It was, and always is, a blessing to come home. Thank you all for your support and encouragement!

Now back to work :)!

O&O,

M

P.S. Happy Ma? ;)
P.P.S. The main thought I had before this midterm was, "Well this is not that bad at allll compared to an Italian exam...so just roll with it." :) Positive thinking right?

No comments: