Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rugby, Boston Harbor, and Mike's

Tada!! The team has survived the first week of preseason! Between lifting, pick up, individual workouts, and running workouts, there is plenty to keep us busy. It's so fun this year having everyone back and then adding on four more. This year is going to be a fun one to watch, that's for sure :).

Yesterday the weather was absolutely gorgeous. 70s and sunny with a nice gentle breeze. After our running workout and pick up, I watched a little rugby...and saw three people get carted off in ambulances! I guess rugby is THE most dangerous team contact sport. It was pretty wild. (It was a club game, not Harvard varsity rugby-otherwise there would have been trainers there to help.)

After that lovely opportunity to relax in the sun, I hopped on over to the New England Aquarium and my cousin Helen visiting from Washington, D.C. gave me a wonderful tour of the place (she had gone the day before). Satisfied with the sharks, eels, and urchins galore, we headed to the gift shop where we looked around and played for quite awhile. Then we called in the troops (Uncle John--Helen's dad, and our other Boston cousin Sarah) to help with the decision-making. Uncle Bob also joined us for a little bit on his way back in from traveling for work before he headed back home outside the city. We took a lovely mass transit ferry ride all the way across Boston Harbor!! It was delightful. The sun was shining, the cityscape was glistening--perfect. Soon thereafter, Uncle John and Helen had to head back for D.C. Sarah and I decided to use our time in Boston to do a little shopping (even tried on matching outfits for kicks) and took a little detour to Mike's Pastry for some chocolate chip cannolis. Mmmmmm delicious.

All in all, a lovely day. Now, it's church this morning, followed by homework homework homework (but nothing life threatening or in a foreign language haha). Hopefully tonight I may catch a little football, we shall see.

I hope you have a wonderful week! The next two weekends we have recruits coming in which will be fun. We will also have our first home football game!! Woot woot! I am looking forward to that. Hopefully some of that midwestern 80 degree weather will head this way...today's high is only supposed to be 65!

Stay smiling :) and enjoy the sunshine!

O&O,

M

No comments: