What a great vacation! Sea World, Universal Studios, Disney World Magical Kingdom, Aquatica...Fun! Got a little tanner, did a lot of swimming, relaxing, thinking, and eating. Enjoyed the most delicious lobster tail ever at a Japanese restaurant where they cook the food right in front of you and learned to enjoy some (non-alcoholic) pina coladas for the first time. Rode some of the most amazing roller coasters ever, with my favorite being the Hulk at Universal--Spiderman and the Harry Potter castle ride coming in close behind. Favorite event of the vacation was the dolphin show at Sea World. The sea lion and otter show was really really funny and cute, but the dolphin show was beautiful. Worked on world peace...between the eight kids that I was with...and enjoyed myself immensely. Came back last night ready to get to work. Wrote down my goals for the next few years, and finished the night starting with the baby steps by hitting the gym for boys' basketball open gym followed by my weight lifting workout. Of course, couldn't resist capping off the nice summer night with a very fitting Boston shake (a hot fudge sundae on top of a chocolate shake). Speaking of Boston, GOOOoooooo CELTICS!!!! I am very excited for this game! Funny how having a massive tv and the time to watch it can turn me very quickly into an avid nba basketball fan. Until last week I had never ever ever had the patience or the opportunity to sit through a whole nba basketball game (college yes, nba no). Same with hockey--except I have to admit I didn't stay awake to watch the Blackhawks win, but I was very happy for them. And I must admit, if Dwayne Wade goes to Chicago...I just might have to become a Bulls fan :).
Today is the day I get all of my paper work in order for basketball lessons which start Monday. I also will be giving a recruiting talk with my mom on Sunday to my former AAU team in Bloomington. I wonder what it takes to get something patented...hmm, maybe that will be my homework for today as well. I also want to read Freakonomics and Econ for Dummies...I figure if...dramatic pause...I can make it through the first year with a........3.0 then I might as well push myself for next year too. A what??!?!?! Yep, a 3.0. Luca, my Italian teacher is the bomb. How I did not fail that class I do not know. A 3.0 is a bit different than a 4.0, but whew, I can't complain, that is for sure! I am thinking...that I might be crazy?...that I will take micro and macro economics and life sci this next year. I may not live to tell about it, but if I can pass the classes, I think they would be very helpful long term. It was exciting to think about what the next couple of years may entail...we shall see!
Okay, time to get to work! Have a wonderful day and week! I plan to check back in after I have my first two weeks of lessons under my belt and am hopefully on my way to enjoy some fishing and tubing in Minnesota :). A little bit of relaxation before heading to Grenada on our missions trip! Make every day count--the summer goes by too fast to let the days slip away!
Molto amore! O&O,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment